Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing the air filter on a streetka?

Saxosim

Hi All.

Just looking around for a how to guide for changing the air filter on a streetka and can't seem to find one anywhere.  I found this one for the 1.3 ka which is nicely written and detailed, will the process be the same on the 1.6 Duratac engine fitted to a streetka as it roughly looks to the the same air filter location etc?

Here was the guide that I found - https://teon.co/cars/ford-ka-petrol-1-dot-3/manuals/51b71df7a114603275000068/chapters/interim-service/chapter_parts/air-filter-change

Any advice appreciated thanks.

Two suggestions for you:-

1. Rip out the filter box and replace with an induction kit. Either K&N or PiperX

2. Drill big holes in the bottom of the filter box and fit a K&N panel filter.

5 hours ago, Saxosim said:

Hi All.

Just looking around for a how to guide for changing the air filter on a streetka and can't seem to find one anywhere.  I found this one for the 1.3 ka which is nicely written and detailed, will the process be the same on the 1.6 Duratac engine fitted to a streetka as it roughly looks to the the same air filter location etc?

Here was the guide that I found - https://teon.co/cars/ford-ka-petrol-1-dot-3/manuals/51b71df7a114603275000068/chapters/interim-service/chapter_parts/air-filter-change

Any advice appreciated thanks.

It's really easy to do without a guide but you could use that one for reference, their is not much that can go wrong replacing one, just find the airbox unscrew it and take out the old one and put a new one in.

16 minutes ago, Mike Ramsay-Fraser said:

Two suggestions for you:-

1. Rip out the filter box and replace with an induction kit. Either K&N or PiperX

2. Drill big holes in the bottom of the filter box and fit a K&N panel filter.

Don't waste your money on this as you will likely get a insurance increase too as it's classed as a modification not worth it on most cars, paper filters are good up to 300bhp roughly

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

It's really easy to do without a guide but you could use that one for reference, their is not much that can go wrong replacing one, just find the airbox unscrew it and take out the old one and put a new one in.

Don't waste your money on this as you will likely get a insurance increase too as it's classed as a modification not worth it on most cars, paper filters are good up to 300bhp roughly

Sorry, but got to disagree with you on this one. I've used K&N filters on both carb'ed and fuel injected engines, sometimes as replacement for OE filters and sometimes as a straight swap. I've always found them to be effective on both classic and modern engines. Most people tend to change filters and buy the cheapest option. Some of them have the same air flow capacity as a house brick. 

Its easy...remove resonator off top of airbox and store in garage, unclip airbox lid, remove ***** paper element and throw....refit new k&n panel filter and refit airbox lid....dont resuse resonator as not needed...enjoy the slight induction roar...its that easy..ive noticed slight throttle improvement and noise, and mpg is no worse...still getting in 40's

• Like 1

air filter an easy more efficent is to k & n panel filter rather than cone filter, in terms off changing filter, take top cover off, unclip box, if you need more room take battery out

16 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Thanks I have bought a k&n panel filter to try out as I don't want to affect insurance and like the idea of these being low maintenance and possibly also giving a little more acceleration.

Sounds easy enough will give it and go.

Thanks all for the advice 😎

• Like 1

Hi,

If you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan

Thanks will do.  Been insured with Adrian Flux a few times over the years and always excellent service.

Thanks 

14 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan

Forgot to ask is a k&n panel filter likely to affect the insurance?

Haven't fitted the one i got yet and will call my insurer first before fitting anything?  Just curious though as I have read so many conflicting posts on the whole panel filter subject and even Demon Tweeks where I got the k&n panel filter from seem to suggest on their ebay description that it won't affect insurance?

I know all insurers are different but would Adrian Flux charge any more for a panel filter change?  Is a cotton/ oil panel filter fitted in the original air filter box as a standard replacement classed as a modification compared to a paper filter?

Thanks 

45 minutes ago, Saxosim said:

Hi Dan

Forgot to ask is a k&n panel filter likely to affect the insurance?

Haven't fitted the one i got yet and will call my insurer first before fitting anything?  Just curious though as I have read so many conflicting posts on the whole panel filter subject and even Demon Tweeks where I got the k&n panel filter from seem to suggest on their ebay description that it won't affect insurance?

I know all insurers are different but would Adrian Flux charge any more for a panel filter change?  Is a cotton/ oil panel filter fitted in the original air filter box as a standard replacement classed as a modification compared to a paper filter?

Thanks 

Hi, as you've mentioned all insurers are different. Adrian Flux is a broker so it depends on who the policy is underwritten by as to how they would view this. In the majority of cases however consumables (brake pads, tyres, filter elements etc) are not considered as modifications. If you wanted to PM me your policy details I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Dan

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club