Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The idiot that did this

Bobr

was uninsured

DSCN1753.jpg

• Like 1

do you have his/her details? perhaps you could go to small claims court?

• Like 1

Did you get their details? I know people that have ended up taking people to court over it

• Like 1

does the govement have a claims department for uninsured drive :sad:

• Like 2

Is that a write off? Assuming it will take a huge of amount of labour and expense to correct perfectly due the area affected.

48 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Is that a write off? Assuming it will take a huge of amount of labour and expense to correct perfectly due the area affected.

An insurance company will fix that. I've always gone olong the lines of anything that hasn't set the airbags off or hasn't suffered structural or engine damage will get repaired. As long as there's no damage to the door, it might not be as costly as you'd think. 

Sickening..................:angry:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dezwez said:

does the govement have a claims department for uninsured drive :sad:

Where the other party is unidentified or uninsured you can claim off the Motor Insurers Bureau...

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/submitting-a-claim/

Has the wheel moved? Looks a lot closer to the rear bumper than the rear door.

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Has the wheel moved? Looks a lot closer to the rear bumper than the rear door.

I think the bumpers been pushed forward 

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments guys.   The police knocked me up at 2 o'clock in the morning.   The guy had come round the corner (I live on a corner of a cross roads) lost control and hit my car.   He left his car and ran off.   The police officer said that he knew the guy and where he lived so I expect he had previous.   He also said that he suspected that he was drunk.

The damage was to the back bumper, wheel and tyre, rear quarter panel and door.

My insurance people (RSA) have been brilliant and have told me that if I get the guys details they will take him to court.   They collected my car and dropped of a courtesy car the following day.   They also told me that, as they don't consider me to be at fault, I won't lose my no claims bonus and I will get my excess refunded.

Incidentally, the collision pushed my car five feet down the road with the hand brake on and in 1st.

• Like 3

Some insurers can be OK.  Some years back Mrs Tull his a deer which was running around on the M1.  Nothing she could do, no warning, BANG.  £3500 of damage, and Churchill wrote it off on paper as a non-fault after a bit of gentle persuasion.

Uninsured and drink driver. Bleed the ***** dry in court. I have no sympathy for those who drink drive anyway, nevermind those who are uninsured. 

Turns out he was disqualified as well.   The police are throwing the book at him.   Careless Driving, leaving the scene of an accident, driving whilst disqualified, no insurance.   The police officer was somewhat upset that they couldn't do him for drink driving as he has previous.   They are crushing his car and he is, at the moment, remanded in custody.   

AND I've got his details to pass on to my insurers.   They will probably have to wait until he gets out.

• Like 3

Excellent.  With any luck he'll fall down the stairs in his cell.

15 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Excellent.  With any luck he'll fall down the stairs in his cell.

After being made liable for the damages of course! A lot harder to claim off a corpse. 

• Like 1

The police wouldn't let me have 5 minutes alone with him in his cell.:angry:

Sorry to see the damage caused.

Unfortunately he'll probably only end up with community service or a suspended 'sentence'. This is called justice in the UK because the government won't increase prison capacity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Unfortunately he'll probably only end up with community service or a suspended 'sentence'. This is called justice in the UK because the government won't increase prison capacity.

In fairness I don't think it is worth going to prison for. Nobody was injured at the end of the day, different story if it caused a fatality or hospitalised somebody. He should get at least a 3 year ban, made to pay every damaged caused, and the cost of the police callout.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

In fairness I don't think it is worth going to prison for. Nobody was injured at the end of the day, different story if it caused a fatality or hospitalised somebody. He should get at least a 3 year ban, made to pay every damaged caused, and the cost of the police callout.

What do you do with a bloke like this?   What's the point of disqualifying him?   He's already disqualified.   It didn't stop him driving.   He can't get insurance because he's disqualified so if someone is seriously injured by him they've got real problems.   I don't think there's much doubt that he was drunk at the time of the collision either.   If he is sent to prison at least he won't be driving.

14 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Ordinarily. But how many non custodial sentences must a repeat offender have before it's decided that they aren't going to stop being a blight on people's lives?

Edit... Sorry. Stupid phone quoted the wrong post and I can't change it on my mobile.

Its luck and not good judgement that he didn't kill someone. We shouldn't reward a criminal for being lucky.

At least if he's in prison the public is temporarily safe from him.

• Like 1

I'd be incandescent with rage and would be happy to chop off his bo**ocks.

I hate people like this they think the world owes them something and it's them that are the victims.

Send him to prison with a tube of KY gel see how he likes that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

Put sand in the ky.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club