Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed limiter

NeilRS

theres a 30 mph speed camera on my way to work- I always set the limiter to 30 well ahead of it. Noticed a few times a mile of two after I'd set it it had changed to 33 on the limiter. Watched it like a hawk today- and as soon as o reached the speed camera the speed limiter changed to 33. What's that all about? 

Spooky!  Must give that a try to see if mine does the same.

16 hours ago, NeilRS said:

theres a 30 mph speed camera on my way to work- I always set the limiter to 30 well ahead of it. Noticed a few times a mile of two after I'd set it it had changed to 33 on the limiter. Watched it like a hawk today- and as soon as o reached the speed camera the speed limiter changed to 33. What's that all about? 

It'll be a little known feature I'd bet money on it!

It's probably only available if you have Sync3... 

I've never actually used speed limiter - I find that my fuel consumption limits my speed!

I've only used the speed limiter in 50mph roadworks where it worked fine. In the manual it states the following for both normal and adaptive cruise:-

You can select a permanent set speed tolerance that is in addition to the detected speed limit through the tolerance menu in the information display. See  General Information

I just checked mine (adaptive cruise) and its set to manual and the tolerance is 0 mph. Might be worth checking yours to see if you have different tolerance

Speed limiter is very handy around average speed zones (and the M25).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There's an auto limit function where you can tell it to use the speed limit detected by roadsigns. You can also set an over-limit. Mine is set to 3mph so it will switch from 33 to 53 to 63 to 73 etc

• Like 1

Use the limiter all the time set to 0 over-limit, great for 50 limits on motorways, etc. especially combined with the adaptive cruise control distance monitor.

I DON'T use the road sign limiter anymore, since I almost got rear-ended after it saw a side road with a 20 limit whilst doing 60ish on an unlimited road. The car cut the power and I'm convinced it applied some brake too ... Don't think the car up my boot saw the funny side either ! :ohmy:

If it did apply brakes I wonder if it triggers the brake lights? 

Probably. Why don't you drive like an idiot, forget to brake and get someone to video you from behind. Then post your video here ! 😁

Funnily enough exactly the same thing happened to me this morning-,it spotted a side road with a 20 limit- luckily no one behind me. Didn't feel like it breaked though- thought I'd run out petrol! It's a shame because in principal it's a cracking system and allows you to be less focused on your speedo. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club