Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1 central locking

MM92

Hi all,

A couple of mornings ago I tried unlocking my car with the remote button and nothing happened. Tired a few times and then it finally unlocked (thought the fob battery might be running low).

Got to work and it locked fine.

Fast forward to the next evening (yesterday) and when I went to lock the car it would automatically unlock itself. (Was over 30C here yesterday - linked?).

Then move forward to this morning and it stays locked when I press the fob, all apart from the drivers door. Same when I unlock. I have to put the key in for the drivers door, which doesn't do the other 3 doors.

Some random events over the last 3 days. Not sure if there's something linking all of these or what. Ideas?

I'm thinking of disconnecting the battery and resetting the car this weekend. Is that worth while or completely useless for the above?

Thanks in advance!

That's an odd mixture of problems. Not sure if this helps but there are GEM settings which unlocks driver door first click the the rest of the car on second click. 

As for the car locking and unlocking itself, sounds like the driver door sensor was telling it the door was open as the car will unlock again if so. 

Sounds like it could be down to dodgy sensors but perhaps a battery reset might be worthwhile. Make sure you have your radio code though :biggrin:

16 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

That's an odd mixture of problems. Not sure if this helps but there are GEM settings which unlocks driver door first click the the rest of the car on second click. 

As for the car locking and unlocking itself, sounds like the driver door sensor was telling it the door was open as the car will unlock again if so. 

Sounds like it could be down to dodgy sensors but perhaps a battery reset might be worthwhile. Make sure you have your radio code though :biggrin:

I'll try the battery tomorrow. Radio code in hand!