Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double-2-DIN-Car--Stereo

lasthope

looking to change car stereo, in my focus mk2 2008,,dont no what to look out for. Will it be a Double-2-DIN-Car--Stereo I need and if so what other bits will I need if needed cheers davy

Hi you can take look at units from eonon they use android technology now 

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

Ooh that looks tasty Daz =)

Lasthope, you can fit either double or single DIN stereos but you need the appropriate fascias and blanking plates for your choice. It depends on the style of stereo really...

You'll also probably need a loom adapter from Ford to whatever brand of stereo you buy and if you have steering controls and the stereo is compatible you'll need a kit for that too. 

• Like 1

looks good daz,,Phil I am after nowt flash as long as it just slides in lol don't need a kit for the steering controls,,seen some on eBay going for under 80quid,,this is 68quid

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

This radio has the 2-DIN format.

The original square and oval shaped Focus MK2/MK2.5 radio's have different dimensions. To install a 2-DIN format radio you need a 2-DIN facia or a facia adapter and a Ford --> ISO wiring adapter.

so jw1982 would this do the job,,, or would I need more stuff, to use on radio above cheers

s-l1600.jpg

If your car has the square shaped radio and the new 2-DIN radio has ISO connectors this will work. The aerial convertor incuded in this kit however may not be correct as most Focus MK2/MK2.5 do not have a Fakra aerial connector.

Another point of concern may be the steering wheel control. Many Chinese generic 2-DIN radio's do not support steering wheel control. If they do support steering wheel control you will most likely need a convertor that converts the Ford steering wheel control (resistance) signal to the correct input signal for the radio. 

just took my radio out to see if I can fix it, because cd not working, and when I took it out I can hear some think inside, so took it to bits and found 2p and a penny ha ha,  going to see if that was prob,,or and by looking at from of radio its not square well the out side of it is

20170624_120019.jpg

If you want to change the oval shaped Ford radio for a 2-DIN size radio you also need to change the oval shaped dashboard panel for a square one.

Personally i would not change the Travelpilot FX for a cheap Chinese radio. The sound quality of a cheap Chinese radio is not nearly as good as the sound quality of a (€1500,-) Travelpilot FX.

ha ha cheers jw just notied  the  dashboard panel when I stuck radio back in I would keep the Travelpilot but cd not working only had car a week now so iam just finding meself around car

all sorted now thanks dudes for info,i fixed the old one now was down to 2p and abit money in cd drive,,,lol so it plays spot on now just need to get sat nav up and running now as it came with no card

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club