Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus titanium 2010 parasitic drain

maimer

Hi Guys been struggling now for a few weeks but have been trawling through websites and the most answers I have found have come from here so I am asking for more help specific to me... So Due to a flat battery I had to jump my battery but due to the mother in law!! love her to bits!! connected the + and - the wrong way round and killed my battery...so a new battery later making sure I got a Silver Calcium battery and I got the best one not the cheapo! and were back up and running but then after about 2 weeks the battery is going dead over night!...so there begins my google journey searching for my problem then the trip to the auto electrical shop and then back to Halfords to replace a faulty new battery.... and then to start my google journey again.... anywho I have traced the battery drain to fuse 104 which is in the manual for "battery saver"....hmmm the irony and "internal lights" (no internal lights are staying on)so I have pulled fuse 104 and no more battery drain I have no interior lights which to be honest I can live without but What is the battery saver....during my google journey I found the wiring schematics for my model and after searching 137 pages 3 times I found fuse 104 and found that the battery saver relay is on the PCB of what every one is calling the ((GEM Module) which I call the Internal Fuse box) so its Soldered onto the main fuse box and on eBay I can Buy one for £40-£400 but Matching up the Model numbers are proving Problematic as some people say they need to be programed to the car and others are saying as long as you match up a certain amount of numbers you can just replace then re-program the keys then your good to go....Anyone who has any insight please feel free to help

Ford focus MK2.5.pdf

Just a thought but a college at work had a battery drain on his focus turned out to be his starter motor 

• 3 years later...

Looks like I have a similar issue with my ford focus 2008 1.8. I havent figured out the fix yet. 

Some figures for my car because its a good reference point

With Fuse 104 fitted

1. Power up: 1.3Amp
  2. Idle         : 0.7A
  3. Standby : 0.4A (lcd screen goes off after approx 10 mins)

Without F|use 104 Fitted

1. Power up approx 0.7A
  2. Idle        0.5A
  3. Standby : 0.13A

10 hours ago, ceri_s said:

Looks like I have a similar issue with my ford focus 2008 1.8. I havent figured out the fix yet. 

Some figures for my car because its a good reference point

With Fuse 104 fitted

1. Power up: 1.3Amp
  2. Idle         : 0.7A
  3. Standby : 0.4A (lcd screen goes off after approx 10 mins)

Without F|use 104 Fitted

1. Power up approx 0.7A
  2. Idle        0.5A
  3. Standby : 0.13A

you're only really interested in the figures with everything switched off and the doors shut. You started your car with the meter connected to the battery? Surely not it would've melted! It would've pulled over 200amps when turning the engine over (I think that's right 🥴)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club