Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No bluetooth or VC - Fault code u2101 - control module configuration incompatible

Kevh17

Had a few issues with my display over the past few months. Have a 2011 titanium X with the pre-sync system. The screen broke when the battery went and couldn't find a direct replacement so ended up buying a sync v1.1 screen and HU. Later found there are elements in the wiring loom that would mean it wouldn't be possible to get the USB and bluetooth working.

Eventually found a screen with the serial number AM5T-18B955-CL, previously it was AM5T-18B955-CG, so assumed this would fit with no problems. I've read that the last part of the serial number for any screens doesn't matter so it should be compatible but I still have no bluetooth and Forscan shows a code of u2101 - control module configuration incompatible, so it obviously doesn't like something. 

Surely it's just a software problem rather than the new screen? How can I change this?

Thanks

someone with much more knowledge than me will probably tell you otherwise and it'd be good to listen to them!

But isn't there a FoCCCus setting for the stereo for bluetooth and vc? You might have to set that to the correct setting and save the BCM config. Might want to wait for someone to confirm before tinkering though =)

They're all the correct settings now. Checked with a website which shows the original settings based on the VIN. The only thing is the BCM load doesn't work, only IPC which could be the problem

Part number AM5T-18B955-CL is a direct replacement for part number AM5T-18B955-CG

Based on the Ford Ecat system the following part numbers are interchangeable:

AM5T-18B955-CB

AM5T-18B955-CC

AM5T-18B955-CD

AM5T-18B955-CE

AM5T-18B955-CF

AM5T-18B955-CG

AM5T-18B955-CH

AM5T-18B955-CJ

AM5T-18B955-CJ

AM5T-18B955-CL

Part number AM5T-18B955-CL is the latest avialable version of this part. This part number replaces all previous part numbers. This is currently the only available part number of this part. When ordering any of the part numbers mentioned above you will always receive part number AM5T-18B955-CL (as long as the Ford dealer does not carry old stock).

The U2101 DTC code suggests that the FCDIM is not correctly configured. Apart from the Central Car Configuration most modules do also have their own AS-BUILT based configuration. Part number AM5T-18B955-CL is used for several Ford models. Each Ford model is usually differntly configured. If the FCDIM came from a different Ford model it will need to be configured correctly. 

Being fully compatible part number AM5T-18B955-CL should work without any problems if configured correctly. Does the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module show any signs of live? The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules are known to be a very delicate/sensitive piece of electronic. Defective Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules are quite common. If the defective FCDIM was caused by a defective battery it would not surprise me at all if the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module also turns out to be defective.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the comprehensive reply!

When I pull the VC panel on the steering wheel it does mute the music for a few seconds and the 'phone' button also mutes any music and shows something on the screen, I can't remember exactly what but it has a green phone symbol tp the left. As I said earlier, USB works totally fine so it's just bluetooth and VC.

On 2017-6-24 at 9:49 AM, JW1982 said:

The U2101 DTC code suggests that the FCDIM is not correctly configured. Apart from the Central Car Configuration most modules do also have their own AS-BUILT based configuration. Part number AM5T-18B955-CL is used for several Ford models. Each Ford model is usually differntly configured. If the FCDIM came from a different Ford model it will need to be configured correctly. 

It was a brand new part. Bought it on eBay for £57 but the original receipt included showed it cost them £255 and it still had all of the packaging and screen protector on. Bit of a result!

Would a new part need to be configured?

A new FCDIM always needs to be configured before use. A new FCDIM has a blank configuration file. If not properly configured the FCDIM will not work correctly and show the U2100 DTC code.

4 hours ago, JW1982 said:

A new FCDIM always needs to be configured before use. A new FCDIM has a blank configuration file. If not properly configured the FCDIM will not work correctly and show the U2100 DTC code.

Ahh, ok then. Is there a way to do that or would I need to take it to a car stereo shop?

To solve this problem you need to take the car to a Ford dealer. A normal car stereo shop will not have the diagnostic equipment to (re)program the FCDIM.

Any idea how much that might be?

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club