Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus remote key stopped working :(

Beefy Lee

Hi all, i recently bought a 2012 focus 1.6 tdci econetic titanium, which is running fine until a few days ago, i locked it as normal via the remote control (smart key without keyless entry) and 10 minutes later when i went back to the car to open it, it wont open. I have to now flip the key out of the case to open and lock the car and that way all the central locking works, just nothing via the remote. I've changed remote battery, checked all fuses also done that turning ignition on/off 4 times stuff and still nothing. When i did that i got the peeping tone but when i held down any button on the fob...i got nothing not even a tone.

Can any of you kind soles point me in the right direction on this, i'm thinking is there a problem with the central locking receiver/module? i would fiddle with it if i only knew where its located. Thanks  

Have the key fob tested at somewhere like Timpsons.
The fob may have gone duff or the battery terminals may be dirty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On a Focus mk3/MK3.5 with start button the battery of the key fob is used for both the remote central locking and the keyless PATS (immobilizer) signal transmission.

If the car can be started as usual using the start button the battery of the key fob will be perfectly fine. If the key fob battery is low on power there will be a warning message displayed on the instrument cluster display. 

When only the remote central locking is not working the problem will most likely be caused by a defective key fob (not transmitting the lock/unlock signal) or a defective signal receiver inside the car.

• Like 1

Hi and thanks. I did go to fords and an engineer came and tested the fob and said its working fine...so maybe the receiver. I'd like to have a look myself, but have no idea where the receiver is located...any ideas? Thanks  

did you not get 2 remote keyfobs with your car ? did you make sure the batt you replaced went in the correct way, and have you got another batt you can try as they only have a few years life on them

Hi I only got one remote with the car and yea the battery is brand new as I only bought them yesterday and 100% in the right way

• 3 years later...

Hi have that problem now what was out come of key fobs not working 

thanks 

• 3 months later...

I had same problem when battery was changed by “professional” and my remote control stopped working, car did not start with that key etc. 
I have opened by my self and noticed that battery was added upside down and it solved my problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club