Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus tintted rear lights pictures

b4zz

As  title please can you post up pics of focus mk2 facelift tinted rear lights. wheather they are tinted buy a film or spray tinted please can I see pics.

did have a go myself but not too keen on the finish I got as not to cleaver using spray cans lol might pop into my local body shop and ask them if they can do it for me.

if possible could you tell me how much it cost you.

don't want to go to dark just a nice subtle smoked look.

What's the point?

No point if you don't have clear lights 

Fly eyes filming looks good. I'm not keen on rear but may consider front headlamps.
Yunii59d48087965eedb4ddb7fc216f288551.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know why people do it, but most of the time it is done badly. Before now i've recalled seeing a car with no lights on, turn out to be a car with lights on, but rear lights, indicators and reflectors all obscured by their ridiculously tinted lights. That's not something I want to come across on a country bend at night.

I have seen the fly eye stuff too mentioned before, but never seen it in action - I guess it would transmit more light than actually painting or tinting. 

Make sure your lights are visible (indicators and brake lights in the day) and reflectors are not obscured to be legal.

I have replaced my stop and indicator bulbs on my rear lights to led and as the tail lights are already led (st/rs) there is no problem as you can see on one of the photos above 

thanks for all the replies and pics guys its much appreciated.

@tango daz have you a link to the indicator and stop leb bulbs you bought please.

@micro would only want a light tint to make the lights a little different from the normal rs lights.

I am going to castle combe this Saturday for a car show and will look around for some fly eye like film as I got some the other week and done my fog/reverse lights and 3rd brake light with it so will have a go at the spare rear lights I have got see what I think

• Like 1

You will need a set of these to stop the double flash 272423401336 and http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-Osram-Long-Life-LED-Retrofit-Amber-12V-P21W-Bayonet-Bulb-7556R-02B1.html for the indicator 

you can get the stop light but you need to modify one of the pins to make it fit in the holder as they are single filament on the st rear light cluster as the side lights are already led 

• Like 1

cheers for the link for the indicator bulbs mate its much appreciated and assume these just replace the original bulbs?

assume with the brake light one of the pins will need filling down so they fit?

as I said think I will have a look in castle combe over the weekend for some fly eye type mesh as it was a resnoble price and do my main rear lights and see what I think.

will post back in this topic with pics so watch this space.

• Like 1

No worries Barry

yes you need to file down one if the pins but that's no hardship you need the inline resistor as I mentioned to stop the double flash there is room to fit them. With the led bulb you do notice the difference in the flash of the indicator but the wife thinks I am mad 

• Like 1

got some spi vision tint on order so should hopefully have it by the end of the week and then just need a sapre possible 4 hours to have a go and see what I think

• Like 1

No one seems to have mentioned yet so thought I'd post some pics of my fly eye rear lights. Gives a subtle tint and just tones down the red really whilst still letting loads of light through!
Got a few sheets from eBay for like £6 and was all wrapped in about an hour. BEWARE, if your lights aren't flat (as you can see, Mk6 facelift lights have raised areas) then an amateur like myself will struggle to do this neatly due to the lack of stretch that fly eye wrap offers - hence the creases shown in the close up pic. This was actually pointed out in a customer review but the enthusiastic cosmetic modder in me ignored this and went ahead to be proven wrong anyway [emoji23][emoji23] Won't even post a pic of my attempt at the headlights! Shocking! On that note, if anyone knows a Kent/ South East London based wrapper then I'd love to get this done again, but professionally this time! 258937ceb8fac8ab943540ac5b0bc63a.jpg9c30b6d77697960c117e28e25a75100b.jpg99d7f3d5d7d61e2a94fc601cba44196d.jpg

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

cheers for the pic and advice fella. shame about the crease as it looks a tidy job. yea as said I have some spi vision on order it just like fly eye have a message to say it posted so should have it by the end of the week then hopefully I might have a go at one lights later sunday afternoon then do the other one in the week.

but will post up my attempt once I have completed one light.

I used Fly-Eyes on my, now departed, 54 plate Mondeo Estate and had little trouble getting a crease-free installation. If at all possible remove the light unit from the car, it makes the job so much easier and allows you to clean and get a better fit around the edges. Make sure the light unit is perfectly clean and file down any bumps left from the manufacturing process.

Good luck

cheers for the pic and advice fella. shame about the crease as it looks a tidy job. yea as said I have some spi vision on order it just like fly eye have a message to say it posted so should have it by the end of the week then hopefully I might have a go at one lights later sunday afternoon then do the other one in the week.
but will post up my attempt once I have completed one light.

No worries! Yeah it does give a good result despite the creases. I even used a hair dryer to heat and stretch over any curves/raised areas on the lights but clearly didn't help [emoji23] Would definitely remove the lights as TrailerTrash has suggested below. But yeah, looking forward to seeing pics of your results [emoji4]

yea I have a spare set of rear lights so that is a great help and will defo give them a good clean before hand got some wd40 degreaser that I will use first. I have done the fog/reverse light and 3rd brake light with good results will post up pics of them hoepfully tomorrow. so im hopeing I will get good results from the main light

• Like 1

quick up date have done the one light was a little bit of a pain but won ha ha just need to do the other one in the week and then will get them on the car and do a full rear end pic.

here is a pic left side done with spi vision and right side with out looks darker in person.

008_zpsocjiwkbc.jpg

007_zpsvshhjmda.jpg

here is one of the fog/reverse lights done

004_zpsskeaudz1.jpg

003_zps4wkvod8n.jpg

and one of the clear 3rd brake light

007_zpsf8zklhxi.jpg

happy with how it has turned out I just hope it will weather good now

Looks mint! Nice job! Did you take all of the lights off to do this?

11 hours ago, zagobir said:

Looks mint! Nice job! Did you take all of the lights off to do this?

yes all the lights where removed mate

• Like 1

have bitten the bullet and have put my lights in too get tinted by a pro. wasn't really happy with the fly eye look up close. hopefully pick the lights up Thursday afternoon once I have them I will get some pics up for all too see

Cant wait to see these bazz.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

quick up date have picked the lights up and pleased with how they look. cant put them on yet as the weather in wales has gone junk. once it does go dry again I will get the lights on get get pics up asap.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but how can I see these pictures?

Screenshot_20170721-150355.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club