Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 confusion - please help

TarenCapel

Hi folks

I'm looking at buying a nearly new Edge. I want one with Sync 3. Many online dealers (including Trusted Dealers.co.uk and Buyacar.co.uk) are stating that their Edge cars have Sync 3 installed, but if I look up their number plates on Ford Etis they state that they have Sync II. 

What's going on? Are they all clueless, lying or have I misunderstood what Sync II means??

Ta in advance

TC

The sync2 and sync3 systems look identical but it's the software that varies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine was advertised as Sync 3, when it was delivered to the dealership it was found to be Sync 2, I then discovered Etis which states Sync II for my car & not Sync III. The Evans Halshaw website has numerous examples of second hand Edges described as Sync 3 but the internal photos even show Sync 2, as the Regs are also shown a quick look on Etis reveals that they are Sync II. TBH  Sync 2 is fine for me, as I've said before on here I'll just get Sync 4 when I change my car in a couple of years 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The sync2 and sync3 systems look identical........

No they don't!

Sync 2

5952119d4cd1b_Sync2.jpg.ec83f84037f41182b17fb1b5266cac06.jpg

Sync 3

595211a03f5e7_Sync3.jpg.bcc7831b111dc9049c10a2005b83d062.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim610 said:

No they don't!

Yep they look different to me 🤓

Plus no digital speed display option on Sync 2

I think he meant the screen looks the same when it's switched off, 

• Like 2

If you are looking at used ones definetly try get a sync3. I think they swapped over on cars built around oct/nov 2016.

• Like 1

I think he meant the screen looks the same when it's switched off, 

That was what I meant.

Many thanks to everyone for their responses. I'm glad I came onto this forum, as I foolishly believed the online descriptions were accurate! :wink3:

9 hours ago, Yetiman65 said:

Yep they look different to me 🤓

Plus no digital speed display option on Sync 2

There is a digital speed display if you turn the lane keep aid off on the end of the left hand stalk

9 minutes ago, Owen1988 said:

There is a digital speed display if you turn the lane keep aid off on the end of the left hand stalk

Really? I must have missed that bit in the manual, probably doesn't work on mine like auto relock.........

I think you also have to have the forward alert distance indicator turned off too. 

Auto relock doesn't work on mine either...

On 2017-6-27 at 10:13 AM, Brad8988 said:

If you are looking at used ones definetly try get a sync3. I think they swapped over on cars built around oct/nov 2016.

The switch over was a build date of around August 23rd/24th 2016. Mine was built Sept 8th (Sync3), some of the VIN's from early/mid August on the same boat were Sync2.

• Like 1

Sync2 on mine, what really annoys me is not that I don't have Sync3 but that we had a 65 plate Fiesta with Sync??? on it before and everything was so much better than my edge, like being able to change Spotify playlists from the car display. That's the rub, 2.5 times the price and the technology is worse!

To be honest Spotify is pretty hopeless on sync 3 too- it does something different pretty much every day

I can't even use my iPod Classic with Sync 3. Well that's not true exactly. I can get it to work but after a few songs, Sync 3 tells me the USB device is not responding. I've tried various leads but it does the same thing every time. Sometimes 3 songs, sometimes 10 but that's about it. I've yet to try it with an iPod Touch, to see if perhaps it's the old iPod technology that conflicts with Sync 3. 

• Like 1

I too have an iPod classic- it worked for the first day and has never worked since. Same issue- doesn't recognise the devise fitted. 

Glad I have Sync2 then! Whilst it requires initial setup and changes to be carried out from the phone, it works very well afterwards. Sync2 is obviously the way to go. :tongue:

Think both systems have their flaws- sync 3 cars may be easier to shift come resale time though. 

Have spoken to various Ford salesman and generally they are pretty oblivious to sync, sync 2 or sync 3 all they are concerned with is that the car has built in sat nav.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
No they don't!
Sync 2
5952119d4cd1b_Sync2.jpg.ec83f84037f41182b17fb1b5266cac06.jpg

Sync 3
595211a03f5e7_Sync3.jpg.bcc7831b111dc9049c10a2005b83d062.jpg
Sorry to step in but I'm totally confused with sync lol . I've just bought a 66 plate focus zetec nav it's states sync3 but my sync is totally different to other pics of sync 3 mines touch not swipe screen and how do you get the apps onto the screen ??

It's likely that you have sync2 then.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

It's likely that you have sync2 then.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I'm just reading up on it now .. yes I have m8 by the looks of it been miss lead me thinks .. Looks like sync 3 is out the question unless you've got deep pockets .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club