Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2.5 1.6 petrol. Thinking of install free flow k&n.

D!str0

As the topic mentions. I am thinking of installing an aftermarket k&n filter. But I have came across a few users at different site mentioning that maybe there is a problem of the maf sensor due to the oil that the factory puts or when you clean it it must be treated with oil

Anyone have installed it at the 1.6 petrol engine and had problems. 

Thank you. 

i have one on mine and used it for a good year with no probs have since cleaned it and re oiled about 2 months ago and still have no probs so far.

I am sure some one else will come along and comment soon

On a petrol engine or diesel? 

I've fitted a K&N 'Type' cone filter to the intake, without replacing the pipe, and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

The same that I wanna do. Just putting the k n filter in the oem box. Not replacing the entire intake box. 

28 minutes ago, D!str0 said:

The same that I wanna do. Just putting the k n filter in the oem box. Not replacing the entire intake box. 

I will post a picture, but that is exactly what I did. The OEM filter makes up part of the box, so by putting the cone in, the lid of the box becomes redundant. The only issue you may face is the breather filter venting to atmosphere. Think that's an MOT fail. Even though 99.9% of the gasses will be sucked up by the filter, removing the lid means it's technically venting to atmosphere. Some have suggested a mini breather filter, but again, think that's an MOT failure. What I doing right now is fitting an oil catch can, fit the breather to the input of the catch can, and then going to tap the output back to intake pipe so it's a closed loop system. Added bonus of sucking in zero oil through the intake and looking crazy hot, even if zero performance gained.

So it doesn't fit exactly in the oem box? Are your sure. I am waiting for your pic. 

It just creates noise the filter in already provides enough bhp I used one for a while and swapped back 

• Like 1

You can see that the filter I have used doesn't reach the air box. The OEM Filer end panel sits in a grove in the air box, and when the lid is placed on top, it creates a sealed box. Also note the breather tube from the crank case on top, that is fed into the airbox underneath the flexi hose section of the intake.

You can get Green Cotton filters that are the same shape and size as the OEM filter I believe, but I dont think you will get the induction 'roar' if that's what you are after.

WP_20170627_08_38_09_Rich.thumb.jpg.9d88883316943c4f3355e0d8c3426aa8.jpg

I was talking about a k&n filter e-2993 that fits directly into the filter box.

thumb.jpg

Ah, yeah, that will fit straight it. :biggrin:

Doesn't cause any issues but with open cone filters more dirt can enter into the engine than the paper Oem one would. It would make the induction very loud really.

I prefer the cheaper cone filter as they are louder, used for a year, still looking like new though it has a heat shield.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, D!str0 said:

On a petrol engine or diesel? 

its on a petrol focus mate

On 6/28/2017 at 7:39 AM, v530anh said:

I prefer the cheaper cone filter as they are louder, used for a year, still looking like new though it has a heat shield.

I think mine cost like 10 quid. :biggrin: But looking at it, you wouldn't be able to tell.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gavin01 said:

I think mine cost like 10 quid. :biggrin: But looking at it, you wouldn't be able to tell.

They do seem well built, but because they are universal and unbranded. They can afford to sell them for a Tenner.

2 hours ago, v530anh said:

They do seem well built, but because they are universal and unbranded. They can afford to sell them for a Tenner.

Mine is the blue one in the picture above.

2 hours ago, Gavin01 said:

Mine is the blue one in the picture above.

People say that with this kind of filter more dirt gets in the engine? Have you seen any improvements? Better sound? Fuel consumption? 

I think it's got better acceleration from second gear. I notice after I put it on, a cloud of blue smoke was ejected. I reckon more air in = more fuel in the chamber and some of the carbon build up was blown out.

Fuel consumption is slightly better, but it's really minuscule. 

Def better sound ;)

I'm going to install an oil catch can and take the breather tube back into the air intake as at the moment it is technically venting to free air as the lid of the airbox has been removed.

17 hours ago, D!str0 said:

People say that with this kind of filter more dirt gets in the engine? Have you seen any improvements? Better sound? Fuel consumption? 

This is great for over taking, a nice loud roar, impresses the wife anyway.  It is about the illusion of a fast car, you accelerate and they hear your engine before they see your car, and they think wtf is that and de-aacelerate without realizing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, v530anh said:

This is great for over taking, a nice loud roar, impresses the wife anyway.  It is about the illusion of a fast car, you accelerate and they hear your engine before they see your car, and they think wtf is that and de-aacelerate without realizing.

All Show and No Go lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club