Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Reviews are in.

James

I'm sure it'll come with a healthy dose of Ford reliability and customer service too!

Not sure why TG think a Spanish & German built car should make us proud in the UK?

The car itself looks a corker though.

• Like 1

My last two Fords have been reliable and touch wood hopefully this continues.  I agree that Ford customer service is awful though.  

The new Fiesta looks ace.  Most likely best in its class.  

Customer service is following through with promises made and after sale support.  My old lad bought a Fiesta from a Ford dealer last year.  He rang to get the car serviced a couple of months ago, fair enough the service department were busy when the he rang and the person on the other end of the line promised him she would get the service dept to ring back, but they never did.  He rang twice and no call back,  There are plenty of instances of Ford dealers ***** of their customers.  

44 minutes ago, iantt said:

What's customer service? Lol.

that thing you get from car brands other than ford..............

:-D

• Like 1

So will this new model still hold the top spot,i do like it a lot but as said on them reviews there are a lot now getting very close.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 7:17 PM, Jethro_Tull said:

Not sure why TG think a Spanish & German built car should make us proud in the UK?

The car itself looks a corker though.

Only built in Germany now, only bit left related to Spain is the name.

• Like 3

Ordered mine 12 April still waiting. Hopefully won't be much longer unless it gets caught in the summer shutdown.

• Like 1

Can't wait to order mine, prob at least a few months yet...

had our first transporter load arrive today.

Yeah been watching Twitter, seems a lot of places had theirs today.

Ford's got them at Goodwood too, so dealers have probably been told they can't really promote them unitl after this weekend.

On the contact list for my local dealer for an invite to their launch event. Looking forward to seeing the new interior.

Ian, don't suppose you've seen the PN doc from Ford which lists the launch phase for the ST? Usually order books open about 3 months before the public release. So I'm expecting that to be sometime between Sept and Dec at a guess.

nope.

im not a fan of the interior , the screen looks like its been added on as an afterthought. 

but do like the slide and tilt panoramic roof.

• Like 2

We had the Northern Ireland launch back at the start of June.  No idea if any actual stock for sale has yet arrived though.

4 hours ago, iantt said:

nope.

im not a fan of the interior , the screen looks like its been added on as an afterthought. 

but do like the slide and tilt panoramic roof.

I agree on the dashboard - the touchscreen looks like one of those kids tablets has been glued on as an afterthought (we MUST have a touchscreen).  Rear end looks like an MPV, and personally I feel the good looks at the front have been totally ruined.  

As things stand, my current will be my last Fiesta (and possibly Ford).  I just see no reason to "upgrade" to the new model personally, though it will be a couple of years until I change again having only got the current car (which I love) new a few months ago. Do the rear seats on the new model fold flat?  On one video review I saw it looked as though they didn't.

• Like 3

dont know on the rear seats folding yet. 

Fold similar to the current model.

• Like 1

I think you need the variable boot floor to get it more level.

Seems to me to be a big omission considering Ford are supposedly moving the model upmarket - even the outgoing Polo has proper folding rear seats!  Heck, my brothers old Grande Punto had this and it was built over a decade ago!   We are told the new fiesta is aimed at the like if the Audi A1 but it doesn't even match a base model Polo in this respect!  In reality it's unlikely to be a deal breaker for many though, but it's certainly something I would find an annoyance when I do need to use the car to transport something big.  Another weakness, rear passenger space, also doesn't look to have been addressed either.  Rather than a new car this fiesta looks to me to be another facelift with a new dash :(

I very much agree with you.

10 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

We had the Northern Ireland launch back at the start of June.  No idea if any actual stock for sale has yet arrived though.

I agree on the dashboard - the touchscreen looks like one of those kids tablets has been glued on as an afterthought (we MUST have a touchscreen).  Rear end looks like an MPV, and personally I feel the good looks at the front have been totally ruined.  

As things stand, my current will be my last Fiesta (and possibly Ford).  I just see no reason to "upgrade" to the new model personally, though it will be a couple of years until I change again having only got the current car (which I love) new a few months ago. Do the rear seats on the new model fold flat?  On one video review I saw it looked as though they didn't.

Agreed on the 'afterthought' screen. This is a real shame as one of the biggest weaknesses with the Fiesta interior in my view has been the displays with such poor integration between the modules and clunky controls it quite rightly has received some much-needed attention but not quite in the way that appeals to my eye at least.

why all this Apple and Android rubbish in cars?  I don't own a mobile phone, and only carry a very basic dumbphone when I'm on the SAR call out rota.  Not everyone is or wants to be connected.

They have to cater for the mass market which, subscribe to it or not, have Apple/Android devices and wants them always connected.

On 28/06/2017 at 7:49 PM, James said:

Customer Service is following through with promises made and after sale support.  My old lad bought a Fiesta from a Ford dealer last year.  He rang to get the car serviced a couple of months ago, fair enough the service department were busy when the he rang and the person on the other end of the line promised him she would get the service dept to ring back, but they never did.  He rang twice and no call back,  There are plenty of instances of Ford dealers ***** of their customers.  

But is this poor Ford customer service or poor dealer customer serice?

20 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

why all this Apple and Android rubbish in cars?  I don't own a mobile phone, and only carry a very basic dumbphone when I'm on the SAR call out rota.  Not everyone is or wants to be connected.

While not everyone does I'd suspect the majority do.  Obviously manufacturers are going to go with the majority not the very few.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club