Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Commonality of Ford brake fluid reservoir caps?

MJNewton

I am looking to purchase a replacement brake fluid reservoir cap for my 2013 Fiesta Ecoboost in order to modify it to suit an Eezibleed bleeding kit. The cap for this car retails at around £17 so quite steep and so I was wondering what the commonality of fitment across other models might be like as others seem to be available for much less and whist they all look similar from photos they do have different part numbers. Does anyone - that perhaps works with a variety of Ford models - happen to know if the caps (or at least there fitment - I just need an airtight seal) are common between the Fiesta and, say, the Focus of similar age?

all the same fitting except for older ranger

opps. im wrong,

forgot the fiesta 2008 onwards is a different type of cap.
isnt yours a twist type cap and not the screw on type?

It's a quarter-turn twist-type fitting.

In all honesty I expected them to all have the same fitting as I can't see any need for alternative types (save those that have cap-mounted level sensors for whatever reason). It looks/sounds like this isn't the case though?

This is the type I've got (you can just about make out the bayonet lugs rather than a screw thread):

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

fiesta was the only cap that was different. when using our electric pressure bleeder we had a rubber cone type adapter that clamped around neck of reservoir.
so back to your question, firsta cap is your only option.

Okay, thanks Ian. Will keep an eye out for one at a reasonable price. 

• 1 year later...

Hi Mjnewton 

just wondering how you sorted your easy bleed cap fitting problem.

ive just been trying to do my 2013 fiesta with a Sealey steady bleed kit, and no matter what I do I cannot get a seal on the reservoir, it is very annoying! Nice brake fluid leak everywhere!

cheers

I have a 2014 Fiesta. I got a cap from a scrap yard. Drilled and fitted the brass fitting from the kit. works a treat. Cost about a couple of quid.

16 minutes ago, Jody123 said:

Just wondering how you sorted your easy bleed cap fitting problem

I'm not sure I did in the end, and have just stuck to using the pedal and a 'one man' bleeding kit. 

Tried to get a cap from scrapyard but they don’t have any “new” fiestas, asked a few parts places and they want £18 for a new cap!!

Going go try to diy something I can clamp and seal on top of reservoir, tap it and do it that way.

The 'rubber tube stoppered at one end with a slit in it' method of brake bleeding has always worked for me. You can buy these for 2 or 3 quid on eBay. I never quite trust the ridiculously small  bleed nipples on the Fiesta rear cylinders though, in case the tube should pop off. Never happened to me yet though, just take it easy or get a mate to keep an eye on it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club