Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So someone pulled out of a roundabout...

HappyJam

So...driving the other day, going straight on at a roundabout and a lady fails to stop, pulls straight onto the roundabout and hits straight into the side of my 5 months old fiesta st-line. Fair to say I was pretty heartbroken. In the garage now and Ford have told me it's probably going to be a whole new door and trim (to be fair I wouldnt settle for any less).

Thankfully everyone was alright....but my car :'( 

19420365_10211618804138664_4171966155665241914_n.jpg

19424471_10211618803778655_4104029177624026060_n.jpg

19437738_10211618803458647_4642798463715778622_n.jpg

19510148_10211618803578650_5930385709217616483_n.jpg

Ohhh nooo sorry to hear and see this, it's a pain when people don't pay attention to the road.

have they admitted liability???

least everyone ok n no injury 

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Ohhh nooo sorry to hear and see this, it's a pain when people don't pay attention to the road.

have they admitted liability???

least everyone ok n no injury 

Yeah she had no choice but to really. She just didn't even look I would guess. All appears to be going through without issues though...the annoying thing for me though is that the car is now tainted for me forever...even when it's fixed as good as new! :blush:

Know the feeling, my focus has had three front end smashes just minor.

two on same junction cut into my lane that was new drivers wing,headlight and alloy. Twice lol.

the third was car pulled out in front me doing 30mph was that close to junction didn't even have time to brake (idiot)

that was new 

bumper

number plate 

two headlights

wing

radiator

so my cars basically brand new three times on front end haha

I feel your pain mate.   Mine's in the repair shop at the moment but the guy who did mine was uninsured.   It's been delayed as they are having trouble getting a back bumper for a 2013 Fiesta ?????

Uninsured!!! Makes me angry that people like that man, puts our premiums up

26 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I feel your pain mate.   Mine's in the repair shop at the moment but the guy who did mine was uninsured.   It's been delayed as they are having trouble getting a back bumper for a 2013 Fiesta ?????

I assume you have reported him to the police for driving without valid insurance? If not make sure you do! Have they agreed to pay for the damages to your car?

Ouch!  Here's for a speedy and quality repair.

Looks like it is contained within the door, so a new door/skin and it should be back to as it was before.

Not like it's damaged the main body which has to be cut/welded/filled, you should never notice the repair. :)

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Looks like it is contained within the door, so a new door/skin and it should be back to as it was before.

Not like it's damaged the main body which has to be cut/welded/filled, you should never notice the repair. :)

Yeah I agree - I'll always know though haha! :'(

• Like 1

Tbh, there is often work done on a car after it leaves the assembly line.

If the door had failed QA at the factory, it will have already been replaced once.

33 minutes ago, HappyJam said:

I assume you have reported him to the police for driving without valid insurance? If not make sure you do! Have they agreed to pay for the damages to your car?

It was the police who told me about it.   I was in bed at the time.   :smile:

• Like 1

I am convinced the standard of driving is deteriorating, certainly in the South East where I am. I suspect a lot of people are either driving with no licence or lerned to drive in some far flung over seas country. How to negotiate roundabouts seems beyond the understanding of a some drivers.

• Like 2

My worst nightmare....................:sad:

2 hours ago, Neon Tetra said:

I suspect a lot of people are either driving with no licence or lerned to drive in some far flung over seas country. 

Aye, those Scottish drivers are dreadful :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Know the feeling, my focus has had three front end smashes just minor.

two on same junction cut into my lane that was new drivers wing,headlight and alloy. Twice lol.

the third was car pulled out in front me doing 30mph was that close to junction didn't even have time to brake (idiot)

that was new 

bumper

number plate 

two headlights

wing

radiator

so my cars basically brand new three times on front end haha

Made me think of this... https://youtu.be/BUl6PooveJE

• Like 4

👌😂😂😂😂 love it made me laugh that cheers for that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neon Tetra said:

I am convinced the standard of driving is deteriorating, certainly in the South East where I am. I suspect a lot of people are either driving with no licence or lerned to drive in some far flung over seas country. How to negotiate roundabouts seems beyond the understanding of a some drivers.

Very true. Where I live is full of Uber drivers who neither speak English nor drive safely. I'm starting to put together dash cam compilations because bad driving is so frequent around here.

• Like 2

Think everywhere the same now mate no care in the world

Indeed. I had a similar thing a couple of years ago when someone drove into the side of me because of poor lane discipline. Pushed me into the kerb.

I will never be without a dash cam now.

Hope the OP gets his car swiftly sorted to his satisfaction.

• Like 1

Remember few year ago my old car driving up duel carriageway this car just came from other lane strate into the side me.

pulls over (OAP) giving me grief because off accident n I said well it's your fault he replied no it not I had my indicator on

what that makes it ok then lol had to get police where he argued with them n he finely seen sense lol.

9 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Indeed. I had a similar thing a couple of years ago when someone drove into the side of me because of poor lane discipline. Pushed me into the kerb.

I will never be without a dash cam now.

Hope the OP gets his car swiftly sorted to his satisfaction.

I have a spare dashcam somewhere from my previous vehicle, for somer eason I just haven't put it in my fiesta. I will be doing now though, I won't be going anywhere without it.

Thankfully I was lucky this time in that the lady stopped, admitted liability and has insurance!

Waiting to hear how long my fiesta will be in the garage for repairs at the moment...in the meantime I've been palmed off with a mazda 2 as a hire car (painfully slow and clunky gear changes). 

5 minutes ago, HappyJam said:

I have a spare dashcam somewhere from my previous vehicle, for somer eason I just haven't put it in my fiesta. I will be doing now though, I won't be going anywhere without it.

Thankfully I was lucky this time in that the lady stopped, admitted liability and has insurance!

Waiting to hear how long my fiesta will be in the garage for repairs at the moment...in the meantime I've been palmed off with a mazda 2 as a hire car (painfully slow and clunky gear changes). 

At least you can take some comfort in knowing that the Mazda 2 has related underpinnings to a Fiesta. Still driving a bit of one, lol.

What with the standard of driving and the state of the roads I've half a mind to import a decommissioned HUMVEE from the States, and stick two fingers up to the rest of society.

Nothing worse getting a hire car n it's slower n your own driving like the flinstones lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club