Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta boot open warning

Toobbby

Hi,

i have a 09 fiesta , which from last week had developed a problem where the 'boot open' warning  comes on whilst driving eventhough the boot is firmly shut. Even worst , the alarm gets triggered when parked ! 

Does anyone know how I could fix this ?

i have tried digging around the web and havnt found any solutions

thanks

Toby

Do you mean a the locking mechanism on the tailgate door?? 

7 hours ago, iantt said:

new tailgate latch.

yes, theres a microswitch in the locking mechanism that detects the open/closed position which puts boot open warning on.

everyone ive looked at required a new latch(locking mechanism)

3 hours ago, iantt said:

yes, theres a microswitch in the locking mechanism that detects the open/closed position which puts boot open warning on.

everyone ive looked at required a new latch(locking mechanism)

Thanks ! I have just ordered one online , hopefully it's an easy job to replace , I managed to find a YouTube video and it seems fine . If not I might take it to a garage

• 1 year later...

Hey got the same problem did you get it fix with the part you bought online?? Am trying to look for the part but can’t seem to find the right one as i got the same problem. Boot open warning on the dash but The boot is actually closed Thanks 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I had same problem. Searched eBay for part no. 1761865. £73 from Ford. Instead bought unbranded version from UK Seller for £15.71 inc postage. Delivered within 2 days, problem solved. £15 Latch works perfect including the boot only unlock button on keyfob. Was curious to look inside the old part for the microswitch and couldn't see anything i could tinker with.

1761865.jpg

• 3 months later...

My remote fob has stopped  working on  59 Fiesta. Also panel keeps flashing ' boot open'

• 4 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 4:41 PM, Patricia Morfan said:

My remote fob has stopped  working on  59 Fiesta. Also panel keeps flashing ' boot open'

just had the boot handle (rubber switch bit) done on my fiesta 1.6 zetec s 1.6 because i had the same issue. its a common problem they get water in them and need replaced.

was driving and boot catch was opening but not opening the boot fully and it said boot open. fixed it for me and its a a cheaper part than the actual latch on the bottom of the handle but it could be either

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club