Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Price increase already!

wealdman

Only yesterday (June 30) the Ford configurator showed a Ford Promotional Price on my so far imaginary Titanium X of £17,885 with a retail price of £19,085. One day later the promotional price has disappeared leaving only the latter.

I suppose these prices are fairly meaningless now we have Carwow and the like but it was still a bit of a shock.

Maybe the promotion ended on the 30th.

was this on a mk7 (no longer made but still on the website) or a mk8?

work out what you want on the ford site but use Carwow or Drivethedeal for prices.

Cars are manufactured abroad and the pound is weak against the euro, so its unavoidable. As long as speculators continue to trade currently to capitalise on market uncertainty then sterling will remain depressed and prices of foreign manufactured products will rise.

47 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Maybe the promotion ended on the 30th.

was this on a mk7 (no longer made but still on the website) or a mk8?

work out what you want on the ford site but use Carwow or Drivethedeal for prices.

This was the mk8. Seems a trifle odd to have a promotion on a car that hasn't even reached the showrooms yet but there's no accounting for the ways of manufacturers.

At the moment I'm just daydreaming and playing with the configurator. I'll certainly use Carwow and/or Drivethedeal should I decide to proceed. The problem is that my present Fiesta, even at 8 years old, still looks and goes wonderfully well. Built in Valencia (they aren't made there nowadays) nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

Prices are always fluctuating. When i bought mine (a 2 year old zetec) they put up £6500, but the day after it changed to £7000. When I went down they tried to sell it for £7000, but I said I've seen it for £6500, so eventually they gave it me for that.

40 minutes ago, wealdman said:

This was the mk8. Seems a trifle odd to have a promotion on a car that hasn't even reached the showrooms yet but there's no accounting for the ways of manufacturers.

At the moment I'm just daydreaming and playing with the configurator. I'll certainly use Carwow and/or Drivethedeal should I decide to proceed. The problem is that my present Fiesta, even at 8 years old, still looks and goes wonderfully well. Built in Valencia (they aren't made there nowadays) nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

I'd be inclined to keep it.

"The problem is that my present Fiesta, even at 8 years old, still looks and goes wonderfully well.". why change it then.

I had a 1.6tdci mk6.5 for 9yrs. last yr I got a mk7.5  1.5tdci . it is smoother and quieter but the performance is not as good as my old one (even though it should have 5% more bhp, 10% more torque and weigh less)

I do wonder why i changed it (my brother has my old car and I sometimes drive it to  remind me how good it is which makes me disappointed with my new one even more)

55 minutes ago, isetta said:

"The problem is that my present Fiesta, even at 8 years old, still looks and goes wonderfully well.". why change it then.

I had a 1.6tdci mk6.5 for 9yrs. last yr I got a mk7.5  1.5tdci . it is smoother and quieter but the performance is not as good as my old one (even though it should have 5% more bhp, 10% more torque and weigh less)

I do wonder why i changed it (my brother has my old car and I sometimes drive it to  remind me how good it is which makes me disappointed with my new one even more)

Hi, i have a 1.6tdci mk7.5 2013 had it from 6 months old and plan to keep it for another 4 or 5 years. Any issues or maintenance advice for after year 4? Aside timing belt and continued regular full services? its on approx. 50k just now and its needed nothing expect serviceable parts. been over serviced and looked after hence the reason I want to keep it. it runs better that the day it was new probably and still looks as good, just wary of any major stuff that can go on them once I reach year 6,7,8 etc and probably over 100k in year 7 or 8.

My 11 year old fusion is immaculate, in, out and underneath.  Only 62k miles, full history, looks and runs perfectly.  I'd love to replace it, but it owes me nothing and as our second car, and me being a cyclist and the owner of two motorbikes, it does very little mileage (less than 2000 a year now) so can not be justified in any way.

I got no ego to feed, so I'll stick with it. Not buying new cars when I didn't need to is how I could afford to retire at 47.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club