Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.5TDCI CAMSHAFT SPROCKET RECALL?

isetta

Link above shows people have been notified of recall for camshaft sprocket on 1.5tdci focus. I looked at some such cars for sale on autotrader and looked up reg numbers on ford etis and it did show this. At the end of the thread I asked if it affects fiesta 1.5tdci also, answer said Yes.

If I look up mine on ford etis there is no mention of this problem. So I looked up some other fiesta 1.5tdci reg numbers (from cars on autotrader) and they did not show this recall either.

Have any Fiesta 1.5tdci owners been notified of this?   or are ford staggering the recall so they are not inundated and fiestas will come after the focus? is it only cars of a certain age (months of manufacture) or all 1.5tdci? 

My car is due for 25k mile service in 2-3 weeks and if it affects my car it would be good to have it sorted at same time as service, but if it is not shown on ford etis for my car I assume the dealer will refuse.

Does anyone know a bit more about it? 

Try and find details of the technical bulletin. Its quite likely to affect vehicles manufactured within a narrow time frame, or with a component from a particular sub contractor, and yours falls outside of it.  

• Like 1

In case anyone wants to read more, if you click on the link at the top that I gave to a post in the Focus forum, someone has now posted a photo of the Ford Bulletin 16B42 (on the third page). No clue on it about dates of car manufacture etc, just says some 1.5 DV5 Diesel engines. 

Any Fiesta owners been notified?  seems a bit odd if only Focus owners affected and not Fiesta owners. I think (but not sure) that a 1.5 diesel engine in a Fiesta comes from the same place as a 1.5 diesel engine in a Focus (I am aware that the actual cars are made (assembled) in different factories)

8 different models are affected, as for focus owners, i dont see anyone having a letter yet according to the posts.

I know i said "Any Fiesta owners been notified?"  I suppose what I meant to say was "Any fiesta owners have the notification for their car on Ford Etis" as the notification has appeared for Focus owners on Ford Etis

What does the recall actually entail?

It entails replacing the camshaft sprocket . they also replace the belt at the same time and various bolts/nuts which need undoing to do the job eg. the crankshaft pulley bolt. it says some of the camshaft pulleys are defective material and may break up causing engine damage (which no doubt is bent valves or worse - there are only 8 valves though which is not quite as bad as 16 but still best avoided)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club