Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on mk6 zs mods

Lewiemcminn182
聽Share

Is there any sort of intake manifolds worth fitting to my 2007 zs, or any other sort of mods like coil packs, leads? I already have full cat back exhaust and considering induction kit, thanks 馃憤

Bike throttle bodies is the most cost effective method of dispensing with the inlet manifold, bit it's still not pocket money.

Have you ever heard of people fittin 1.7 puma inlets? Just seen it on a forum mate

I like the idea of the bike carbs, will have too look into it

An entire Puma 1.7 motor is only a few hundred quid, ups your power by 25%.

Over on the Skoda forum a lot of the 'serious' modders tend to lean towards Denso plugs, ignition leads and coil packs. iridium tips properly gapped. Wether you choose single, twin, triple or quad tips is up to you. If the gap isn't exactly the same to each tip you are as well having single tip, the spark will arc to the closest point only. There's a difference of opinion as to wether the number of tips make any difference to performance or just longevity of the plug. Ignition leads don't have a great deal of difference to performance power wise but even slightly damaged leads can lead to electrical faults so invest in some good quality leads that match the voltage and as short as possible - get some decent coloured ones and you can start to colour code the engine bay [emoji16]if you are upgrading the plugs to sports plugs it is advisable to get sports coil packs that will increase the power to the plug and create a larger spark to arc across the bigger gap in the plugs.

Think about fitting a cone filter for now, a generic one can be picked up for about 拢12-15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't bother faffing with coils and leads. You're only changing them for looks at this point. You'd need a rebuilt engine and such to get any sort of gain. Induction kit would give you the best bang for your buck. Beyond that you're getting serious. Talking cams, injectors, turbo, engine rebuild, then your manifolds, and a remap (maybe not in thay order).

• Like 1

Thanks for advice guys, can anyone point me towards a good induction kit to buy? Lookin to colour code the engine bay blue 馃憤

I always thought pipercross were decent as a lot of people used them, after doing some research I found they were pretty [emoji90] to be honest. The K&N 57i seems to offer the biggest gains, boasting around +10-11bhp. Closely followed by a Powertec kit, can't remember the exact one though. I went for the K&N in my old Fabia MC (had to be modified a little to fit) and I don't know if I ever felt it increased the power but it certainly made a decent sound and you could hear the turbo spooling too.

i duplicated the K&N 57i, but used a Ramair filter, which both flows and filters better than the K&N, bit ended up costing less than half.

Pipercross supply to about half the formula 1 grid, I'd be happy to use them over oiled cotton any day of the week.

Not had any personal experience with Ramair, do they have a good lifespan? Do you have to re-oil them etc or are they paper and throw away? I know they do both paper and foam

They're extremely well respected in the motorbike world, probably the biggest M/C aftermarket filter manufacturer since the late 70's. 聽

They require periodic cleaning and re-oiling, but not as frequently as waxed cotton. 聽Theoretically, its impossible to block them with dirt like waxed cotton, and they're not affected by moisture - if you read the small print on the box (but rarely mentioned in the ads) you'll see many K&N products are not recommended for use in sustained wet weather, which is kinda pretty useless in the UK.

• Like 1

http://www.ramair-filters.co.uk/shop/automotive/induction-kits-automotive/direct-fit-induction-kit-automotive/ford-induction-kits/ford-fiesta-1-6i-zetec-s-ramair-performance-foam-cone-induction-air-filter-kit/

Seem a good buy? Unsure whether it comes with pipe that attatches to throttle body? Unsure what im getting with that kit tbh, thanks guys 馃憤

I believe with that you junk the airbox, and it mounts on the remaining intake pipe that sits betwixt airbox and throttle body. 聽The K&N 57i is then same layout.

Ah i see, not ideal as it will be over the exhaust haha, trying to find one that routes to the front of my engine bay, what do you think that silver pipe on the pictures for?聽

I imagine that would be a flexible intake pipe, would be nice to see one fitted

Like this (my Fusion)

Induction%20Kit.jpg

The silver pipe will be a cold air feed, like my black pipe in the picture.

Its not ideal. 聽The engine layout and lack of space leaves few options. 聽The standard airbox sits above the manifold getting hot, and provides a nice labyrinth to heat incoming air, and the cone improves drastically upon that.

Nevertheless, don't expect any performance gain. 聽You won't be going any quicker, although it will sure sound like it聽

• Like 1

Oh i see, shame i cant find any that route towards the front right side of the engine, managed to make one myself on my last fiesta (1.4) but was hoping somewhere sold them, thanks mate

It wouldn't make much difference. 聽The air would still have a similar distance to travel from the filter to the TB.

Thanks @Jethro_Tull I've no idea about the bike scene. I don't think I would be able to master all the gears and brakes being handles and pedals too. I'm too short for a bike too! Since I broke my back I have no sense of balance and no core strength so wouldn't be able to stay upright and not strong enough to take its weight. I can fall on flat level ground before I've even tried to move lol

I've got 2 bikes, but my shoulder has gone south (operation next week) and I've not been able to ride since October. Nothing as satisfying as kicking a Lambo in the teeth on my Mad Max.

• Like 1

Now that I would like to see [emoji16]
Good luck for next week and I hope all goes well.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club