Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice control

Steve27

Hi All

Can anyone give me some advice. I have a 2013 focus titanium x that has sync 1 the problem I have is that I can't use the voice command system to adjust the climate control, all it will do is the usb,aux in,and phone. In the hand book it says it should. Its not some thing I use much, I did about a month ago up date the maps with a sd card v6 as the original was v3 any ideas ?

The Voice Control doesn't guide you all that well

I'll take the risk and ask have you tried giving it the command. Ive looked at sync for car. If it doesn't recognise the command it should say so

Copy from the Ford Manual example

Steps  User says  System answer 
"CLIMATE"  "CLIMATE" 
"TEMPERATURE"*   "TEMPERATURE PLEASE" 
"MINIMUM"  "TEMPERATURE MINIMUM" 
"<a number between 15 and 29 °C with 0.5 increments>" or "<a number between 59 and 84 °F>"  "TEMPERATURE <number>" 
"MAXIMUM"  "TEMPERATURE MAXIMUM" 

Hi Chris  Thanks for the reply  Ive tried saying Climate but the system says it does not recognise the command.

The Voicecontrol functionality of the SYNC 1.0/1.1 system only supports the phone and media (bluetooth Audio, USB) functions.

Radio, CD, satnav and Climate Control functions are not supported by the SYNC 1.0/1.1 Voicecontrol functionality.

However Voicecontrol for Radio, CD, satnav and Climate Control functions was included in the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system that was used on the early Focus MK3. Because the user manual covers both the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol sytem and the newer SYNC 1.0?1.1 system the Voice commands are still included in the manual.

• Like 1

Thanks very much Wilco  for the info . it seems a bit backward as it was available in the old system.

It was then reinstated in Sync 2!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club