Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing recommendations

Blatto

My ST-line Fiesta is due for it's first service in a few months or so. Can anyone recommend a good reliable place to get it serviced in Hertfordshire. The lease company has asked for it to be done at a Ford dealership, though I'm not sure that's strictly neccessary , but if you do know of any reliable ones I'd appreciate a reply.

Great little car so far, enjoying driving it. Getting about 52mpg on the 30mile round commute to work doing about 70mph or so on the A1M section. pretty decent for the 140bhp variant. Can't say I've noticed any drop in mpg when using the aircon either.

I thought servicing was included with a lease deal?

No you can pay extra per month to include servicing or you can arrange to get it done yourself. worked out at £340 a year if I paid monthly should be cheaper to get it done myself.

• Like 1

Oh fair enough. If you don't have to go to a Ford dealership then I'd do it myself. Much cheaper and you don't have to worry about the log book etc. as it won't be you selling the car.

i would imagine the terms of the lease would require the service to be done by a vat registered garage of some reputation to fords service schedule using parts and oil to oem specification.

My daughter leases a Nissan, and the terms compel her to use a Nissan dealer. It even describes the tyres she has to fit, I guess to stop people handing cars back with Nang Tang Woosongs.

Personally I think it's a blummen cheek.  If its a lease, or on a PCP, why should you pay to service someone else's car?

Its still under warranty you need to use a Ford dealer - If your engine seized they blame the "wrong" oil etc.

Ford main dealers charge about £185 for a full service.

Yes I think I will have to use a main Ford Dealer, just wondered if anyone can recommend one in the Hertfordshire area?

Or, if you intend to keep the car, why not take out a service plan?

For about £120 initial payment and 36 monthly payments of around £21 you get 5 full Blue Services, and 3 MoTs. That 5 years sorted and you get a 12 month roadside assistance to boot, Saving you around £39 pa or whatever you pay for breakdown cover.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, karl46 said:

Or, if you intend to keep the car, why not take out a service plan?

For about £120 initial payment and 36 monthly payments of around £21 you get 5 full Blue Services, and 3 MoTs. That 5 years sorted and you get a 12 month roadside assistance to boot, Saving you around £39 pa or whatever you pay for breakdown cover.

Be careful with Ford's roadside assistance.   That is all it is.   They told me it was the same as the RAC but it's nothing like the RAC.   They won't want to know you if you have an accident as I found to my cost.   Fortunately I didn't cancel my RAC subscription.

On 05/07/2017 at 8:25 AM, Tiexen said:

Its still under warranty you need to use a Ford dealer - If your engine seized they blame the "wrong" oil etc.

Not true. This practice is illegal.

You are allowed to get it serviced anywhere as long as you follow the service schedule and use manufacturer quality parts.

It may be true however that a manufacturer service history may play a factor in post warranty 'goodwill'.

If the book wasn't stamped I don't think the leaser would be very happy.

It's all about the small print. If it says you need a ford stamp then go with them. If there is no mention of stamps, the don't bother.

I can't advise on a Ford dealer near you, but as someone said above its about £185.  Trust Ford usually discount mine down by about £20 (though I don't do many miles).  I imagine it is in the terms of your lease deal that a franchised dealer must service the vehicle.  The leasing companies (and in some cases the agreements with the same company) all vary in what they do and don't allow..  It is in the leasing companies interest after all to maximise the value of their asset and leave nothing to chance with regard to parts or the servicing itself.  I imagine it is easier for them to chase things up through the franchised network than through 1000's of different independents as well.  I think we all need to remember that leasing is just that - you are effectively borrowing someone else car, and so they have every right to stipulate when and where it is serviced.  If they have told you you must use a franchised dealer I would imagine there is a financial penally for not doing so.  Its not like it would be hard for them to find out if you haven't used a Ford dealer for servicing either!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club