Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bump sound when turning streering wheel

Can't be arsed

I've had my smax for over 2 years now and had no issues. Now things have started to go wrong. 

First, I had a problem with the extension that leads to the altonator. The cup that connects it to the altonator broke. So I had all the extension replaced. Worked fine for a week then I could hear a squeak like a belt slipping coming from the altonator. Now the altonator has packed up and been told the bearings in the altonator have collapsed.

Second, as I have been driving over the last couple of days before the altonator decided to give up the ghost, when I turn the steering wheel right or left I can feel a bump . The steering fluid is ok so I'm not leaking any but I'm hoping it's not the steering rack. 

All advice will be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

On most fords there was a recall for the adjustable steering column. The gap between the fixed piece and the slider should be 70mm to the top UJ. Also the silicone grease was deterioting quickly causing a small knock,lumpy feeling. If that is similar to what you are experiencing let me know and I'll send you the pictures of how to rectify it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club