Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quote for wheel bearing

Rossyboi93

Right I've just had a quote for my two front wheel bearings and they've quoted £380 with abs or £320 without abs for them is this good? 

Sounds way over the top to me.   Have you shopped around for quotes?

A touch on the high side, but not unrealistic.  Price will vary depending on your exact model and location.

is this both sides of the car?  does it really need doing both sides.  Unusual for both sides of car to go at same time. wheel bearings often last the life of the car and it is usually just the odd one that goes. 

I haven't been to the garage yet bobr just ringing around for quotes. 

Im definitely not going for that quote I've just had a quote for £235 for both sides. Which I'll go for. But if they can't get the abs sensors out of the old ones ten it will be about more but it won't be much more the guy said. He sounds a genuine Guy who I rang up from kustom artworx in Sutton, Bedfordshire. As for the bearing both sides isetta when I do something one side I like to get the other side done aswell so that they last around the same time 👍 X

The bearings are about £100 for both sides so that sounds more reasonable.

Yeah. It's more labour because I rang up another mechanic after this and he said the bearings are only actually 20 each side ad he said the labour for it was 3.5 hours on his computer because thats how they price stuff up every job has hours to it or something 

I'd like to know where you can get those bearings for £20 a side.

• Like 1

That price doesn't inspire confidence in their quality.

20 a side doesn't sound right. Prices I saw before were £70-100 a side in parts alone. 

SKF Wheel Bearing Kit (Front) from Carparts4less at £51.58 reduced from £89.52.

• Like 1

Aye, you'd want SKF, Timken or Ford.  For 20 sheets they've probably been levered out of some roller skates.

is it not just a standard wheel bearing on the front of the mk7 fiesta? (haven't had the chance to do one yet) therefor £40 a side for the bearing kit and an hours labour per side. abs sensors can often be a bugger to remove without breaking them though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club