Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't Ford dealers want our business?

kossofffan

So I've had my Fiesta almost 6 weeks now but it nearly didn't happen due to poor customer service of not returning calls etc.

I'd left messages but no reply and once when the receptionist connects you to the appropriate desk and a message says, 'No one here to take your call & you cannot leave a message!' then cuts you off quick! WTF.

Today I phoned another mainstream Ford dealer regarding tuning bits and the friendly voice said he's busy at the mo, give us your number and he'll return the call. Now thinking it wouldn't be long, gave my home phone.

3 hours later I rang again, still busy, she said but I've emailed him. Got the call 6 1/4 hours later which I missed because I'd gone to work by then, so the cycle will start again tomorrow!

Is it me or is it pretty crap service?

You said you have had your car for 6 weeks now so they have got their money from you and they are busy chasing potential new customers and targets. The money isn't in parts as far as they're concerned. To be honest you are lucky you got a call back the same day! Do you plan to do a few bits to the car? Ford are not always the cheapest for bits and pieces but if you are going to use them a fair bit then go in and speak to someone, befriend someone who can help you in the parts dept. If you are doing interesting things to your car 9/10 the parts guys are interested in seeing what you are doing and happy to order stuff other than wiper arms and bulbs lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shouldn't need to be lucky to receive a return call the same day!

It's called common courtesy & quality customer service. But society is slipping to the lowest common denominator, however that's another tread!

Earlier this year I wanted a new car for Mrs Tull.  Had about £25k to spend, cash, so off we trotted to the local Ford dealer to buy Kuga.

We arrived about 9.30 in the morning, nice and quiet.  Sorry Sir, there's no one available, you'll have to make an appointment and come back. No, I want to do business now, not this afternoon, not tomorrow.  Sorry Sir, that's not possible. What?  How would M&S or my local newsagent survive with an attitude like that?  Rang the Ford dealer in the neighbouring town and they were the same.

Retreated to McDonalds for breakfast to consider my next move.  Next on Mrs Tull's list was the Kia Sportage. Gave them a bell, "sure, come on over, my name is Nick, ask for me and I'll be happy to assist.". We were there 20 minutes later to find they had a good representative range of Sportage's available to test drive.  Drove it, found it was better to drive and better equipped than the Kuga, ordered the car, were on our way home by 11am with the deal done.

I wonder if Ford know how difficult it can be to simply walk into one of their appointed dealers and buy their products? If I owned a business I'd be quite concerned if one of my customers had such difficulty in giving me 25 grand.

• Like 1

Well they missed another sale there!

Felt like I had to almost bully the dealer to sell me my car! lol.

We're a bit luckier here - lots of Ford dealers.  Some of them are definitely better than others.  The one I just got my C-Max at had me in and out in under 2 hours, including the test drive, and the only extra they tried to sell was the extended warranty, but when we got our Escape (Kuga) at another Ford dealer in the area, it took almost 6 hours while they tried to sell rust proofing, extended warranties, leather warranties, accessories, and some things that I can't even remember now.  

In both cases we set an appointment up first - it does seem to work better that way.  

The worst Ford dealer experience - I was trading a 2003 Ranger for a 2011 F-150 (At the time, brand new).  The terrible dealer offered something like $6,000 less than book value for the excellent condition trade-in.  I started laughing so hard I couldn't see straight as soon as I got out of the showroom.  They sent me a letter two weeks later asking if they had offended me...  I never replied or went back to that dealer.  

We had another one do a transmission flush on our 2006 Focus, and as soon as we got the car back the check engine light came on because a vacuum hose had burst under the intake manifold (within hours of the transmission flush).  They swore it wasn't their fault and it was like that when we brought it in and offered to fix it for $700.  We paid the $700 to fix it, because we needed the car, but paid it to a different dealership.  

How would a transmission lube job burst that pipe?

Your situation is quite common.   We used to get customers in for one thing, and soon after something else would fail and it "must" have been our fault.  My favourite was a chap who's wheel came loose and almost fell off the day after we...changed his Wiper Blades!  But it "must" have been our fault, no way in Earth it could be a coincidence.

As well as crap dealers there are customers who couldn't tell a big end Shell from a wheel bearing, yet felt sufficiently knowledgeable to be able to tell us our jobs.

• Like 1

Some Ford dealers are awful, my father spent nearly a month trying to get a particular Ford dealer to service his car so as to not to void the warranty.  They promised call backs which never materialized.  As mentioned there are good Ford dealers as well as bad.  

and the " since its been serviced the mil light is on" , or since its been serviced (oil and filter service ) theres a missfire or bluetooth stopped working, or something completely unrelated to the service doesnt work.

must be the fault of the technician .

if i had a £1 for everytime a customer said that i would be a rich technician

quite enjoy explaining what is done on service and how unrelated there new issue is and there is such a thing as "coincidence"

obviously there will be times when a tech has disturbed a connector or pipe and it is there "fault "

the best one i had was an elderly man who had his car serviced , came back in a few weeks later to complain "since its been serviced" theres a squealing noise from inside car , wasnt there before" he was having a right moan. i went out in car , roadtested , checked it all over . couldnt find any thing wrong, no noises. went out with him , no noises , nothing.

he came back next day complaining again. cut long story short he had just had new hearing aids which were sqwealing( old fashioned hearing aids)

• Like 1

Comp!eye timewasters like that should be billed for our time.

3 hours ago, James said:

Some Ford dealers are awful, my father spent nearly a month trying to get a particular Ford dealer to service his car so as to not to void the warranty.  They promised call backs which never materialized.  As mentioned there are good Ford dealers as well as bad.  

In that month did he not or could he not go into the dealer to book it in at the sevice desk?

8 minutes ago, MarksST said:

In that month did he not or could he not go into the dealer to book it in at the sevice desk?

No because he is currently ill.  A trip to the dealer would take allot out of him.  

You, other family members or friends not able to pop in?

ford website has a service section so you can book it in yourself.

• Like 1

How was he intending to get the car there?