Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fold out plastic door protectors retrofit 7.5

lwatson99

So I’ve seen the new fiesta 2018 or however it is titled, and love the fold out plastic door protectors when you open the door they pop out but when you close it they fold back in.

the main thing that has stopped me getting permanent ones is due to how they look when the door is shut however I would love the fold out type. Has anyone come across a 3rd party version or the possibility of retrofitting something like this. I have a MK7.5 Zetec 13 plate.

cheers :)

What a cool idea.  I'd never seen it before......here's a video of it....................

• Like 3

It was available on the mk3.5 Focus first.
The system needs a clear path through the door as it uses a solid rod that pushes against a wedge on the door frame.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, chrisjw said:

What a cool idea.  I'd never seen it before......here's a video of it....................

Yep that’s the one. Wasn’t sure if there would be a battery version or something that anyone had heard of

• 3 months later...

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2017 at 11:51 PM, Stoney871 said:

It was available on the mk3.5 Focus first.
The system needs a clear path through the door as it uses a solid rod that pushes against a wedge on the door frame.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So, are they manual or are they electrically connected? I havent seen the MK8 up close but when they start to hit the breakers if they are manual then im sure many here would be able to mod them to their cars, even electric could be done but probably a lot more involved.

Great piece of kit though.  I'm sure Ford have 4 with my wifes name on them !!

So, I have ordered a new Mk8 which should be with me soon. I ordered this upgrade before I had seen it. I have since seen three cars that have it fitted, my observations are as follows:

1.   The doors need to be kept exceptionally clean or the door protectors when they pop out and slide back over the door edge will scratch the door edge. I saw two cars with this as an issue.

2.    Two of the cars I saw with this fitted were not working well enough. They would pop out as expected, but not slot back over the door edge, just stayed stuck out.

After seeing this, I cancelled this as an extra on my car.

Dave

I've had it on two consecutive Focus with absolutely no dramas.
An occasional squirt of the mechanism with 3 in 1 oil works wonders.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I've had it on two consecutive Focus with absolutely no dramas.
An occasional squirt of the mechanism with 3 in 1 oil works wonders.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Agreed with Stoney there, I've had one of the rubber protectors break on the rear, but was replaced under warranty, and also if they break out of it, its only £15 for a new one.

Also, wax the car when you clean it, and it doesn't scratch if it gets dirty.  Ive done a year of opening doors on 25000 miles of dirt at various thicknesses with mine so far, and the door edges are still good lol 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club