Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRL Install Question

JKSEN

Hey everyone, 

I don't know where the best place to post this topic would be. But I would love to install DRL's on my MK7 Fiesta but would like some recommendation on buying them and installing them. If anyone knows any good DRL's that I could get, please drop a reply! 

Thanks a lot in a advance. 

There's some on eBay but they're a bit pricey.

• Like 1

Where do you want them fitted? I guess that's a good place to start. Do you want them to dim when your headlights are on or go off? Do you want to hook them up to your indicators? Do you want Halogen or CREE LED? How confident are you at wiring and splicing into existing OEM looms? There is a bit to think about but as @Bobr says, plenty on eBay and once you know what you like it will be easier to answer install questions etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252996915663

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262932182699

First set are from AutoBeam who are a well known reputable company with connections to the forum, I believe the owner is a menu and as such there is a discount code. The second ones are chinese made so you 'pays your monies and takes your chances' but they do look unique. Other options are to change the whole headlight assembly and that's not going to give you change from £250

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Where do you want them fitted? I guess that's a good place to start. Do you want them to dim when your headlights are on or go off? Do you want to hook them up to your indicators? Do you want Halogen or CREE LED? How confident are you at wiring and splicing into existing OEM looms? There is a bit to think about but as @Bobr says, plenty on eBay and once you know what you like it will be easier to answer install questions etc

I saw somewhere on this forum where this guy had added halo DRL's around his fog lights, I really like the idea of that. I'd much prefer to have cool white leds and have them go off when the headlights are on.

I have them, fitted on Friday, the halo type... awesome..!!

dont dim when headlights in tho...

• Like 1

I also just done led headlights, side lights and number plate lights...

just full beam and fogs to go

• Like 1

You need to buy a DRL control kit for DRLs that don't have the control wire as part of the original setup. Not hard to do, and if you have already fitted other bits you should have no bother.
How do you find the LED headlights? Do you have any pictures from the inside of the car looking out at the beam pattern and colours? I've heard that the LED lights don't illuminate puddles too well.

I just finished installing all tonight, then l had a beer as I was stressed as ***** lolol

will get some pics tom, but all the same colour temp 6000k, looks so much better, also from what I could see it produced a better illumination of the road in front...

the halos are awesome, really cheap also...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club