Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FOC MEETS: JANUARY 17TH AND 31ST 2010

DanGull

Following a few recent discussions - there will be two meets taking place this month.

JANUARY 17th - 1pm - Northbound Watford Gap Services, M1

JANUARY 31st - 1pm - Northbound Watford Gap Services, M1

Watford Gap Services

The 17th is the primary meet - the second was organised after some members were unable to attend the first date. If you're only able to attend once, make it the 17th if possible - there will be more people there.

The meets will probably involve a convoy to somewhere in order to have food and a good chin wag.

Please post if you plan to attend - and which date(s).

THE 17TH MEET HAS BEEN ORGANISED BY JONNY87

THE 31ST MEET HAS BEEN ORGANISED BY MICHAEL P

Questions should be directed at these members by post or by PM.

I look forward to meeting FOC members in person!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael P

• titanium_s_spec

• Jonny87

• DanGull

Got directions to see if i could make it down for a wee trip, but when i see the journey time of 6 hrs 17 mins i best not :lol:

Got directions to see if i could make it down for a wee trip, but when i see the journey time of 6 hrs 17 mins i best not :lol:

Sorry Gaz. If it's any consolation, we did pick the furthest north meeting point out of the four possible locations.

I wouldnt have minded offering locations even further north but I imagined that given time of year most folk are a bit stingy with the petrol moneys...

MEET UPDATE

Some points in brief:

Although I am down as the organiser for the meet on the 17th please take note that I am not recognised by the Ford Owners Club (FOC) as a representative of the Club. Therefore if this meet attracts any unwanted attention please direct it towards DanGull as he has the required credentials to speak on behalf of the FOC

If anybody thinks it would be useful to have telephone contact on the day of the meet, please PM your mobile number to me I will then text you so you have my number (The Hotline). That way I hopefully wont run the risk of spamming through publicly posting my number on the forum. The Hotline will be useful if any of you get lost (somehow lol), stuck in traffic, delayed etc etc or if there are any last minute changes to the meet.

I am considering changing the meet location to the services southbound. If my memory serves me correctly I believe that they have a bigger carpark. If somebody with detailed knowledge of the Watford Gap services could confirm/deny this please let me know

Please continue to monitor this thread for any more info that may be available

Also I would like us to keep a rolling list going in this thread of people who are definitely attending the meet on the 17th (ie no 'maybes' or 'might do's')

Just copy the list and paste it into a new post, add your name, then repost. I will begin below

Jonny87

DanGull

Flic

maybe some special commemorative foc stickers for the occasion? :P

and i'll be there on the 17th :)

wow there is going to be four of us

how cool is that

I am so happy about this meet

so so happy

Yes thats right Flic, im happy, not grumpy

Chris are you defo goin down on the 17th?? We should go down in a mini convoy together, im thinking of goin :)

wow there is going to be four of us

how cool is that

I am so happy about this meet

so so happy

Yes thats right Flic, im happy, not grumpy

:)

I am a definite for the 31st

I probably ought to go on the 31st then seeing as how I was trying to flog some bits of my old Mk4 to you! :lol:

Actually, looking at the map its only about 20miles south of here, so I can probably make both if nothing else crops up.......yes, I know, that makes me a 'maybe' rather than anything definate, but I'm afraid you'll all have to get used to it!

I probably ought to go on the 31st then seeing as how I was trying to flog some bits of my old Mk4 to you! :lol:

Actually, looking at the map its only about 20miles south of here, so I can probably make both if nothing else crops up.......yes, I know, that makes me a 'maybe' rather than anything definate, but I'm afraid you'll all have to get used to it!

i'd appreciate the leather stuff you were on about!

i'd appreciate the leather stuff you were on about!

:blink:

Oh, yes, the gear stick gaitor....you had me worried for a second there! :lol:

so far away... :(

im a no

I don't even know who you are? Who are you?

I don't even know who you are? Who are you?

haha made me chuckle.

I just joined, as iv just picked up a fiesta and i had a problem with it when i got it so i wanted to see if there was any cure for it.

i pop on ever so offten just to see what news there is going around about them.

anyone no anything about an st model?

haha made me chuckle.

I just joined, as iv just picked up a fiesta and i had a problem with it when i got it so i wanted to see if there was any cure for it.

i pop on ever so offten just to see what news there is going around about them.

anyone no anything about an st model?

Ok beanaldo.

In regard to an ST (or an RS) there is nobody that can give you any real info on this. Anybody who tells you anything about ST or RS is feeding you BS. This will be the case until Ford themself release official info on the subject

Do not believe anything that auto express write either!

Just a little bit of information....

the post code for the northbound services is NN6 7UZ

For those coming from the north, get off the M1 at junction 16, turn around and go back northbound until you reach the services

ENJOY!

Just a little bit of information....

the post code for the northbound services is NN6 7UZ

For those coming from the north, get off the M1 at junction 16, turn around and go back northbound until you reach the services

ENJOY!

and guess what its the only services on m1 called watford gap :rolleyes: :rolleyes: named after the village watford near by..

If I wasn't going to spend my weekend putting petrol in helicopters I'd love to come and meet some of you :(

I should be good for the 31st though :)

If I wasn't going to spend my weekend putting petrol in helicopters I'd love to come and meet some of you :(

I should be good for the 31st though :)

woop woop :)

UPDATE

Right Guys...

From what I can gather this is the attendance so far:

Confirmed

DanGull

Flic

Jonny87

Chris Ecc

Please can the above confirm that you still plan to attend this Sunday, thank you :)

Unconfirmed (Maybe's)

chris zetec s

Steven Dark

coysht

titanium s spec

Please can the above decide if you are coming to the meet and then let us know either way, thank you :) (Would be especially good to see titanium s spec at the meet as you have the Mountune and I would love to see it B) )

DanGull has suggested this pub to stop at for crisps and drinks, or food, or whatever people are up for, if anything. Feedback on this would be good :D

Also I think the carpark at the Watford Gap Services Southbound would suit us better for the purposes of the meet, we could gather in the spaces to the north of the services. I'm not sure how busy the services are likely to be on a Sunday afternoon so it may make no difference anyway. Let me know what you think please, thanks

At present the weather for the meet location on Sunday seems to be clear/cloudy, about 5 degrees, no rain

It's gone a bit quiet on this topic so please get back to me with planned attendance so we all know that the meet is good to go

Also my car will probably be attending the meet in a filthy state, sorry :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club