UPDATE

Right Guys...

From what I can gather this is the attendance so far:

Confirmed

DanGull

Flic

Jonny87

Chris Ecc

Please can the above confirm that you still plan to attend this Sunday, thank you :)

Unconfirmed (Maybe's)

chris zetec s

Steven Dark

coysht

titanium s spec

Please can the above decide if you are coming to the meet and then let us know either way, thank you :) (Would be especially good to see titanium s spec at the meet as you have the Mountune and I would love to see it B) )

DanGull has suggested this pub to stop at for crisps and drinks, or food, or whatever people are up for, if anything. Feedback on this would be good :D

Also I think the carpark at the Watford Gap Services Southbound would suit us better for the purposes of the meet, we could gather in the spaces to the north of the services. I'm not sure how busy the services are likely to be on a Sunday afternoon so it may make no difference anyway. Let me know what you think please, thanks

At present the weather for the meet location on Sunday seems to be clear/cloudy, about 5 degrees, no rain

It's gone a bit quiet on this topic so please get back to me with planned attendance so we all know that the meet is good to go

Also my car will probably be attending the meet in a filthy state, sorry :unsure:

I cant make it.. I need work done on my car reagrding the steering.. Dont really want to drive long journeys in it whilst its like it is.

Should be done by the 31st though

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael P

• titanium_s_spec

• Jonny87

• DanGull

i'm gonna have to be a letdown and drop out, got a problem developing with my car and i've gotta make a trip to manchester :(

deja fecking vu i'm feeling!!!

if this happens on the 31st i'll track everyone down and slash your tyres...

deja fecking vu i'm feeling!!!

if this happens on the 31st i'll track everyone down and slash your tyres...

:ph34r: I can't do the 31st it now seems....

.....but I am on for this Sunday!!! :P

My Preference would be for Southbound and to grab some food along the way, but TBH I'm pretty easy as its almost round the corner from here.

:ph34r: I can't do the 31st it now seems....

.....but I am on for this Sunday!!! :P

My Preference would be for Southbound and to grab some food along the way, but TBH I'm pretty easy as its almost round the corner from here.

Gah boo! ahh well, i suppose the leather's will have to wait!

I'm a definite yes for Sunday - I am however also now a definite no for the 31st, as I finally remembered what I have booked on the 31st - and it's to do with teaching.

I finally managed to get a decent detail done today - so Frosty is lookin' good for the meet.

Whether the car will still look like that by the time I arrive is another matter... :lol:

I finally managed to get a decent detail done today - so Frosty is lookin' good for the meet.

Whether the car will still look like that by the time I arrive is another matter... :lol:

Depending on the weather tomorrow morning I might manage a quick 'wash' rather than a detail :P

Why do I get the feeling that there will be people who aren't go to show up tomorrow? <sigh>

ATTENDANCE UPDATE

Ok this is how the attendance is looking today:

DanGull

Flic

Jonny87

coysht

Haven't seen Flic about in a while but im sure she'll show.

Only people who have not come back with their attendance are:

chris zetec s - seemed like was going to come with chris_ecc so probably will not show

titanium s spec - have not heard back, no info known

If either of the above are online this morning please can you post here to state your attendance, thank you.

Turn out looks more or less as predicted...

Final MEET UPDATE to follow later

Have a good'un folks!

If it wasn't sooo far (and if the missus didn't need the car for work lol) i'd, maybe, consider a jaunt up the motorway network to join you!

Hope the weather is kind to you :)

MEET FINAL

Morning guys, just a last update to the meet detail...

MEET IS TODAY AT 13:00PM - LOCATION IS WATFORD GAP SERVICES SOUTHBOUND

To those travelling along the M1 from the south you need to change carriageways at J18 (NOT J17 which is the first junction after the services northbound)

I suggest we meet in the area marked on this map

gallery_4579_11_92039.jpg

Please see my previous updates on this thread for links to information, like pub, services etc etc

The weather still looks to be a fine clear day with a high of 5C

I may wash my car this morning but I'm not sure yet...

If you need to contact me via FOC please do this before 11am - I will be out of the house after this time

GL ALL - SEE YOU AT THE MEET :)

A turn out of three - a start at least. One person by the name of Flic forgot the meet entirely :lol: She is now to be ignored by all members of FOC and her username shall be changed to Flic the Meet Leper :lol:

As I was coming up to the large industrial units on the A5 I saw a sea grey mark 7 in the mirrors - which turned out to be Coysht, so we convoyed in a spirited fashion to Watford Gap (I can confirm that the Titanium can easily keep pace with the Zetec S, despite the extra weight and the softer suspension :P :lol:)

Tom and myself were joined by Jonny at the services at bang on 1pm and had a good natter for a few hours over a Costa (well, Tom had a Fanta...)

Jonny was camera man - but I did snap these on the iPhone, and in the process realised that my front number plate had fallen off en route! :huh:

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

A good little get-together, spoilt only by a bird doing its business on my bonnet while we were inside and some fool in a white Fiesta (with no number plate I hasten to add) following me all the way home! :P

A good little get-together, spoilt only by a bird doing its business on my bonnet while we were inside and some fool in a white Fiesta (with no number plate I hasten to add) following me all the way home! :P

I nearly overtook you to be honest - it took so long to get anywhere <yawn>

My sincerest apologies!! Literally been so busy all week and been visiting new born babies yesterday which clearly turned my brain to mush. The meet entirely slipped my mind! :( :( :( Nice pics though Dan. Thank god the weather was good, can't believe how warm it felt today!!

Anyways, feel free never to speak to me again *sobs*

Good effort gents! Three is better than none, and it's a start. I'm coming to the one on the 31st I didn't get back till about 4 today :(

Nice pics - next time we'll have some of members and more cars :D

What's this, a meet took place, an actual meet?!?!

I hope you all had a good time!!

Now....will this all happen again on the 31st i wonder?!?!

I am still definately up for it, the other confirmations were Jonny and Flic (that i know of, speak up the rest of you!)

Hope to see peeps there!

Sorry if this is too pic heavy :unsure:

Anyway. The meet actually happened!

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! :)

Mr Gull and Mr Coy both in attendance with their exceptionally clean cars! (mine was filthy :( - although it seems the dirt bought me some luck - I somehow managed to leave the meet without bird crap and with both number plates :P )

All was well at the meet, conditions were excellent, and we had a good chat over some appropriately over-priced beverages :)

Hopefully we can manage something similar again in the future B)

While we were at the meet we continued FOC's "Member of the Year 2010" awards. It gives me great pleasure in awarding the FOC "Epic Fail of the Year 2010" award to Flic. Congratulations Flic on what was truly a fail of epic proportions. :P

The pics....

gallery_4579_223_451286.jpggallery_4579_223_416782.jpggallery_4579_223_756452.jpggallery_4579_223_656521.jpggallery_4579_223_902670.jpggallery_4579_223_192521.jpggallery_4579_223_235977.jpggallery_4579_223_403229.jpg

I can now hand the reins over to Mike who is organising the Meet on the 31st

GL MIKE!!!!

Jon

Thanks Jonny!

Well, the meet on the 31st will be pretty much exactly the same as the one on the 17th!

Meeting at watford gap southbound services at 1.00pm on sunday 31st january!

I'll probably be there a bit earlier, so, in the words of outcast Flic, look for the skip!

Any confirmations would be highly appreciated!!

The proceedings of spending an afternoon chatting in Costa also sound good!!

:D

Did Dan loose his number plate hitting the post in the car park at the services as in first pick :lol: :lol: <_< <_< lucky he did not do sump in as well looking t the height of that kerb.. :P :P

o and mr p put me down for the 31st as i could not make this 1 down to a 30 hour shift i did over weekend.

Right, so that's:

Me

Jonny

Flic

Titanium_s_spec

i will make another thread when i'm back from wait-de-la-rose. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club