Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Ford Focus 1.6 Ink cruise control

Mike199027

Is fitting cruise control in my focus possible? Manual says speed setting and doesn't have 'if fitted' like it normally would for extras

thank you

On the focus MK1/MK1.5 Cruise Control was only available as an option on the 1.8/2.0 Petrol engines. On all other Petrol and Diesel engines Cruise Control was not available.

It is however completely possible to retrofit the original Cruise Control system to the 1.4/1.6 Petrol engines if some modifications are done to the throttle body. Be aware that retrofitting the original Cruise Control system requires quite some parts. Buying all needed parts from Ford will cost you a lot of money. In the USA Ford used to sell a complete Cruise Control retrofit kit including a new steering wheel with buttons and all other needed parts. Despite being rare these days the Ford Cruise Control retrofit kits are still being offered on eBay.com pretty often. However because these kits are pretty rare the prices went up within the last few Years.  

Okay thank you for that info!

think the air con doesn't work in my car, I pressed the ac button but the light on the button doesn't come on. Maybe button light bulb gone? Wouldn't think the air con needing a recharge would affect the button or light 

• 1 month later...
On 08/07/2017 at 5:35 PM, Mike199027 said:

Okay thank you for that info!

think the air con doesn't work in my car, I pressed the ac button but the light on the button doesn't come on. Maybe button light bulb gone? Wouldn't think the air con needing a recharge would affect the button or light 

When pressed the AC button should illuminate regardless of whether the AC system is actually working properly.