Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

BP Ultimate

Trewithy

A local BP petrol station has been closed for months undergoing a complete refurbishment. Now that it has reopened and replenished with fresh fuel I thought I would try a tank full of Ultimate unleaded.  The engine ticks over more smoothly, runs smoother and is nice to drive.  However at 13p more per litre I don't think I will be buying it again. 

Your lucky to have a choice my MK 1 RS can only run on Ultimate but thankfully I only use it in the summer months.:cool:

A local BP petrol station has been closed for months undergoing a complete refurbishment. Now that it has reopened and replenished with fresh fuel I thought I would try a tank full of Ultimate unleaded.  The engine ticks over more smoothly, runs smoother and is nice to drive.  However at 13p more per litre I don't think I will be buying it again. 

13p a litre more? Robbery for 97ron.
Try Tesco Momentum 99 instead, only 5p more than standard and 99ron.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

13p a litre more? Robbery for 97ron.
Try Tesco Momentum 99 instead, only 5p more than standard and 99ron.

Do Tesco do premium diesel too? Never been before so don't know :'(

Do Tesco do premium diesel too? Never been before so don't know :'(

Afraid not.

Lucky for me there isn't a BP station near where I live, I dobtreat her to a tank of Tesco Momentum every month or so though

• Like 1

No BP near me either but there is a Shell. Costs £2 more a tank just for their regular fuelsave diesel compared to the Tesco/Esso garage down the road. £4 more a tank for V-Power.  So now I'm keeping with Esso (car feels exactly the same and no change in MPG), and Esso premium diesel every now and again to keep it clean. 

Have tesco sorted the water problem they had in their fuel a while back?
If I use a premium fuel I use Shell V Power and only when I've got my money off voucher from my Shell club card (only use Shell in my truck )

I normally use regular Shell but put V Power in a couple of times a year. 

Due to close proximity of a Tesco, an Asda, two Essos: my local Shell always has one fuel 2p less than their rivals.  This week it was petrol at 106.9p a litre

I'm trying to think where the nearest BP is, it's either Bournemouth or St.Leonards (near Ferndown) on the A31.

On 12/07/2017 at 1:17 PM, tazzman600 said:

Have tesco sorted the water problem they had in their fuel a while back?

Their Branksome fuel station had claims from over 550 drivers from that.  Which they told the local press was just an isolated incident: until others started happening all over the place.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club