Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 59 2.0 litre TDCI EPS Light on & Misfire

mskayaker

As soon as light come on misfire started. Turning ignition off reset it Ok. Took car to diag & they couldn't find any engine fault codes & recommended to buy a new EGR. A week later without doing anything the misfire disappeared & engine is now running perfect. Do you think an EGR clean could be needed or is EGR engine cleaning fluid any good. Also does Coasting cause problems with the EGR.

Hi,

You can try cleaning the EGR valve and see what happens, not entirely sure on the process though on the Mondeo 2.0.  In my experience it doesn't matter how you drive. I booted my focus 1.8tdci everywhere and the EGR valve and inlet manifold still got clogged up, but never coasted too much so cant provide any thoughts on that.  

However if the light came on I would expect fault codes to be registered in memory on the ECU. Try getting a fault code reader yourself and when,or if, it happens again have a look. I have the bluetooth dongle on the way which hooks up to an App I have (Auto Doctor), gives live readings and so on. SO plenty options available to you. 

Thanks,

Jono

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update on my problem from a different garage that found a turbo fault had registered & with further investigation found the waistgate seized. The mechanic managed to get the WG moving. When I test drove the car it had more speed but the engine does go into limp mode occasionally. The problem is not as bad as it was sometimes I can go a day with out any problem. My question is can just the waistgate be changed on my turbo ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/08/2017 at 10:30 PM, mskayaker said:

Update on my problem from a different garage that found a turbo fault had registered & with further investigation found the waistgate seized. The mechanic managed to get the WG moving. When I test drove the car it had more speed but the engine does go into limp mode occasionally. The problem is not as bad as it was sometimes I can go a day with out any problem. My question is can just the waistgate be changed on my turbo ?

To be honest, I am not sure. I think they are electronically controlled , that's the case with my 2.2.  After a quick Google it looks like it isn't a replaceable part, but I did find refurb options. Depending on what equipment you have at home you could take it off yourself and try replace that part from a second hand turbo, If it's anything like the 2.2 it won't be easy. Can't guarantee this though never had the problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club