Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB Device not detected

Jamieking86

Hi guys, just recently bought my fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost. I have tried connecting my USB stick to the port for music etc, but it keeps saying USB device not detected, please insert USB drive, or something along thise lines. I have read you have to format the drive to FAT32 format? As i have a 116GB sandisk drive, it won't let me format to FAT32, only exFAT or NTFS which apparantly aren't compatible with Ford SYNC? Any help would be appreciated :-)

Your USB stick might be too big.   I use 8 gig drives formatted to FAT32 with no problems.

I thought That, I managed to use a program called Ease us to format it to fat32. Now it just says unknown artist and doesn't play. 

18 minutes ago, Jamieking86 said:

I thought That, I managed to use a program called Ease us to format it to fat32. Now it just says unknown artist and doesn't play. 

Use this to convert the stick to FAT32....................................http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Chris.

Why are you downloading programs to do it when you can do it directly through Windows Disk Management?

• Like 1

It could be that the USB stick, whether it's formatted or not, is just too big for the system.

Used a 128g stick with no problems. Don't think it's the size.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My 32 gig works fine.

116 gig? WTF do you have on there?

SanDisk Ultra Fit 150MB/s USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 32GB

I use these as theirs less chance of knocking them - but they are very easy to lose!

3316856_R_Z001A.jpg

17 hours ago, Birch said:

Why are you downloading programs to do it when you can do it directly through Windows Disk Management?

Some of the sticks don't give the option to convert to FAT32 when opened with Windows Disc Management, so a program is needed to enable you to do so. The stick I purchased didn't have the option, so it was the only way of doing it. However, this may not be the problem with the OP's stick. It could quite be the fact that the sticks storage is too large. I believe it's recommended not to use anything over 8gb, although some members are using larger with no problem.

Some of the sticks don't give the option to convert to FAT32 when opened with Windows Disc Management, so a program is needed to enable you to do so. The stick I purchased didn't have the option, so it was the only way of doing it. However, this may not be the problem with the OP's stick. It could quite be the fact that the sticks storage is too large. I believe it's recommended not to use anything over 8gb, although some members are using larger with no problem.

This I was not aware of. My advice to OP then is just try multiple sticks and see where that goes.

2 minutes ago, Birch said:

This I was not aware of. My advice to OP then is just try multiple sticks and see where that goes.

Yes what that other guy said, think it's aanything over 32GB you need a specific program to convert them to FAT32. Anyway, I did this and it still didn't work, so I will buy something a little smaller and see where we go from their.

2 hours ago, Jamieking86 said:

Yes what that other guy said, think it's aanything over 32GB you need a specific program to convert them to FAT32. Anyway, I did this and it still didn't work, so I will buy something a little smaller and see where we go from their.

Hi Jamie

Are you saying you used the program I linked to, but it still doesn't work?.............In that case, I would suggest it's the size of the stick that's the problem, although you'd need to try a smaller one to see unfortunately.

Chris.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club