Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for music box (mbx01)

uberdrowse

Been looking on the eBay and net in general for music box (mbx01) to get USB working in my mk2.5 focus, but all I can see eBay listing from a year ago. Any one has an idea where to get new/used one, or have one for sale? 

I know this won't help but I fond mine on eBay they do come up from time to time. And they do work reasonably well for what they are. keep looking I'm sure you will find one.They are just plug and play

You won't find a new one from Ford etc as they are obsolete so they told me you may get a new one from Germany etc

• 1 month later...
On 11/07/2017 at 5:07 PM, Gizza11 said:

You won't find a new one from Ford etc as they are obsolete so they told me you may get a new one from Germany etc

Any supplier/recycling company in particular?

I've asked dealers and they all say the same, part no longer available.

On 11/07/2017 at 4:53 PM, Gizza11 said:

I know this won't help but I fond mine on ebay they do come up from time to time. And they do work reasonably well for what they are. keep looking I'm sure you will find one.They are just plug and play

I know it's plug an play thats why i would love to have it! I have set up both 1746768 and mbx01 as keywords for eBay notifications but so far nothing showed up (past 2 months).

I've found another alternative which is second hand unit likely modified to play usb, but it only comes in silver color (from car-solutions) and unfortunately I need the dark one...

The finis code you quoted is correct and the same as mine, and mine is black .I did find it on ebay ant the time there was 2 or three and a few new ones from Germany the only thing to do is keep trying something will come up They where all on Ebay if I remember right

The Ford USB music Box was discontinued by Ford a few Years ago. It was never the success they hoped for. Very little numbers were sold. 

However the Ford USB music Box is still available from other sources. The Ford USB music Box is not a genuine Ford part. It is basically an aftermarket accessoire that is officially approved by ford and was included in the Ford accessoire program. The Ford USB Music Box is produced by STC Europe. STC Europe still sells the Ford USB Music Box.

http://shop.stceurope.com/views/product/70/CA-ASY-USB-(retro-fit-conn-box)-MBX01----1746768

On 03/09/2017 at 9:49 AM, JW1982 said:

The Ford USB Music Box was discontinued by Ford a few Years ago. It was never the success they hoped for. Very little numbers were sold. 

However the Ford USB Music Box is still available from other sources. The Ford USB Music Box is not a genuine Ford part. It is basically an aftermarket accessoire that is officially approved by ford and was included in the Ford accessoire program. The Ford USB Music Box is produced by STC Europe. STC Europe still sells the Ford USB Music Box.

http://shop.stceurope.com/views/product/70/CA-ASY-USB-(retro-fit-conn-box)-MBX01----1746768

Submitted the order. Just have to hope they still selling it. Thanks!

• Like 1

You put in USB with music (FAT32 formatted, up to only 2GB AFAIK) and you can play the music by selecting AUX on your stereo. You can then use VOL+/- and NEXT/PREV to control the music, and after turning the stereo OFF/ON, the music starts where it stopped. No song information on the display though, it only shows "AUX" or "AUXILIARY INPUT". 

You can get this same functionality from many other "USB music boxes" on the market, there are some "extended" functions like CD changer, where you can make CD1-6 folders on the USB drive to use as "playlists". This is not present in the Ford one. 

Short press of next/prev will skip tracks.

Long press will advance & rewind the current track.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 08/09/2017 at 11:18 AM, ScorpionSX said:

You can get this same functionality from many other "USB music boxes" on the market,

Do you have any other information on these please.

6 hours ago, wilto said:

Do you have any other information on these please.

Not from using them myself, but a friend of mine had one of these in his car and it worked well. Basically like I said in previous post, there was the ability to create your own "playlists" in folders labeled CD1-6 and so on. Do you want to know something specific?

Yeah I have been on holiday to Turkey recently and I've had all the "now" albums up to "now 70" put on a micro SD card in my phone. I was looking for something to put that SD card or even a memory stick, to just plug in and leave it connected.

17 minutes ago, wilto said:

Yeah I have been on holiday to Turkey recently and I've had all the "now" albums up to "now 70" put on a micro SD card in my phone. I was looking for something to put that SD card or even a memory stick, to just plug in and leave it connected.

Yes you can do this and is what I do

As I said in my previous post I have one of these. If you want multi functionality then this is not for you,  it is in modern standards quite basic does it work yes will it make the tea as well no. They are not to easy to find and there are better functionality  options available in todays market a touch screen android replacement head unit will eat this a live. If you just want a simple player this is it. And if you want to keep your car original looking this will work and in my case sits in the glove box (the USB socket) with a nice blue light so you cant see it.

• 2 weeks later...

My hopes were to high. I've submitted an order but there was no payment page, no follow up email and eventually even my logins details on that site stopped working. Oh well.

In terms of other solutions, there is company selling standard/modified (used) units with mp3 + usb, but they only come in silver. I've seen another usb music box product (Yatour) that supposedly fits focus mk 2.5, but I'm not convinced it does (works as cd changer) and secondly you need to have specific folder structure which is annoying and not worth 60-100eur price tag...

PS: If anyone willing to sell new/used one (MBX01) send me PM. I'm still interested.