Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can I change the oil filter on a 1.5TDCi

Harrihealey02

Heres a link to see the engine bay

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to gain access to the oil filter because there's a bunch of stuff in the way. 

easy , just undo the 2 jubilee type clips and remove the convuluted intake hose, then you can access the top of the oil filter housing. idealy you need a 27mm socket, universal joint , extension bar and ratchet. that makes undoing the housing easy. 

stuff a rag just under the housing to catch any oil as your remove housing. hold the coolant hose to one side to enable housing to be removed.  i find turning housing upside down quickly after unscrewing stops to much oil escaping from filter

remove the plastic engine top cover should just pull off if you lift it up, unscrew the air hose that runs across to air filter box and you`ll have better access to it then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

easy , just undo the 2 jubilee type clips and remove the convuluted intake hose, then you can access the top of the oil filter housing. idealy you need a 27mm socket, universal joint , extension bar and ratchet. that makes undoing the housing easy. 

stuff a rag just under the housing to catch any oil as your remove housing. hold the coolant hose to one side to enable housing to be removed.  i find turning housing upside down quickly after unscrewing stops to much oil escaping from filter

great minds post alike lol :w00t:

• Like 1

fresh in my mind as i had 7 to do last friday at work. couriers but still the same . 

1 minute ago, iantt said:

fresh in my mind as i had 7 to do last friday at work. couriers but still the same . 

no rest for the wicked as they say :whip:

all with 12-25miles on the clock but been registered 12 months, could have saved the old oil and put it in my car. lol

Thanks guys

So what i do is remove engine cover, take off the air hose and move the coolant pipe out of the way.  The angle of the filter seems like the air filter housing will be in the way or can it be done with just the filter hose taken out?

depends what tools you have to get housing undone?

1 hour ago, Harrihealey02 said:

Thanks guys

So what i do is remove engine cover, take off the air hose and move the coolant pipe out of the way.  The angle of the filter seems like the air filter housing will be in the way or can it be done with just the filter hose taken out?

air filter housing is fine no need to make extra work for your self removeing that, small socket extension bar will fit down there nicely