Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Replacement on 2010 Focus 1.8 petrol.

JONATHAN_11_80

Hi,

Been quoted £515 for a clutch on my focus is this a fair price.  Also does the 1.8 petrol have a dual mass flywheel.  Some people say yes and other say it hasnt.

6 hours ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

Hi,

Been quoted £515 for a clutch on my focus is this a fair price.  Also does the 1.8 petrol have a dual mass flywheel.  Some people say yes and other say it hasnt.

Had clutch & slave cylinder done last year for £480 inc VAT on my 1.6 diesel at an independent garage so i guess that doesn't sound too bad

petrol does not have a dual mass iv just done mine

Did you do the clutch yourself and how difficult was it to do on the driveway.  Have done a clutch on  vauxhall corsa years ago but the box didnt need to come up it dropped out from underneath once the input shaft was slid back.

yea I did it on the drive way it comes out though the bottom same way as you did Vauxhall i used a couple

of good jacks and stands easy really :smile:

• Like 1

Did you remove the box or move it out of the way?

remove it and cleaned it out:smile:

20 minutes ago, dezwez said:

remove it and cleaned it out:smile:

Fair play Dez, take my hat off to you, doing  a clutch on a driveway, I changed a clutch on my Capri many years ago, lying on my back underneath the car, pulled the gearbox off the engine and it dropped into my chest, couldn't move anywhere, ended up shouting "mam, mam help"  she never heard me. Managed to get out eventually, that was the first and last time I removed a gearbox.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wilto said:

Fair play Dez, take my hat off to you, doing  a clutch on a driveway, I changed a clutch on my Capri many years ago, lying on my back underneath the car, pulled the gearbox off the engine and it dropped into my chest, couldn't move anywhere, ended up shouting "mam, mam help"  she never heard me. Managed to get out eventually, that was the first and last time I removed a gearbox.

lol :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

I changed a clutch on my Capri many years ago, lying on my back underneath the car, pulled the gearbox off the engine and it dropped into my chest,

Lol I remember those days well I did exactly the same  with my 2.1 moded Capri as I wanted to put a five speed box in to replace the four. Trouble was the rear diff ratio was then wrong 0 to 60 like a train anything else well that was it lol. So I when and swapped it for a 2.8 I much better  still when round corners sideways (axel  ***** ) in the wet  because of the cart springs suspension lol.

the worst gearbox I've ever done on the drive was just last year, BMW 530D. the box was a bit of a monster to say the least. Front wheel drive boxes where you don't need to drop the subframe are easily do able on the drive. An IB5 box from a fiesta or focus i will lift in and out without any jacks.

Are you sure the petrol isnt a dmf? Ive bene told my 2010 2.0 petrol has a dmf so when i get my clutch changed they gonna check it as if it needs changing i need to factor the additional cost in.

52 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Are you sure the petrol isnt a dmf? Ive bene told my 2010 2.0 petrol has a dmf so when i get my clutch changed they gonna check it as if it needs changing i need to factor the additional cost in.

we are talking about the 1.8 :smile:

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

we are talking about the 1.8 :smile:

In fairness the 1.8 mondeo had a dmf. 

• Like 2

Why put a dmf on a 2.0 and not the 1.8 they are the same engine after all.  Maybe the mtx box ia weaker.

I know we talkin the 1.8 but as has been said the 1.8 n 2.0 r the same engine excpet for displacment. So because i was told my 2.0 has a dmf i assumed the 1.8 would as well. But as you say maybe the gearbox is the reason as i have the mtx75

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club