Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many has not moved there car scence the big frezze

fiesta_lad

My car has not moved scence monday night give it a little turn over today started first time. ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fiesta_lad

• KeithC

• irononreverse

• Hook

my Fiestas have never been beaten by snow!

I would but its like a ice ring round here seen no grit for weeks

Had to go out today, so we went in my mates P reg derv Fez. It's freakishly good in the snow for some reason, coped with everything perfectly whereas mine would've been sliding around everywhere.

Got to drive to work in mine tomorrow at 7am, which i'm not looking forward to at all! :(

I left mine at home today! I'll have to dig him out tomorrow morning though. Joy. He had better not !Removed! let me down again....

My fez hasnt let me down today I was actually impressed with it I seen alot of cars struggling I had a few moments where it slid but other than that it was ok.

When you get to an untouched works carpark there is nothing more fun that abit of drifting around using the handbrake :lol:

Had to go out today, so we went in my mates P reg derv Fez. It's freakishly good in the snow for some reason, coped with everything perfectly whereas mine would've been sliding around everywhere.

Got to drive to work in mine tomorrow at 7am, which i'm not looking forward to at all! :(

Good luck mate at the moment here its -2 might take the car the shops tomorrow its just getting to the major roads :lol:

I don't like leaveing mine to long meaning don't like not turning it over incase the battery dies :lol:

seen a landrover 2day nearly loseing it :o

Ours hasn't moved out of the garage today. But i did clear the snow from outside just in case lol

I once had to get into one of my old XR2s by climbing over the seats through the hatch - i couldn;t get in through the doors as they were both frozen solid :lol:

Mines been snowed in since Sunday. Not going to attempt to move it as the roads on the housing estate are horrendous. In addition to that a lot of people have left their cars at the side of the road as opposed to a parking space or driveway and it would be just my luck to slip into one.

Someone at work told me that if its parked up in the snow you should leave it in 1st gear with the handbrake off - is that right?

Mines been snowed in since Sunday. Not going to attempt to move it as the roads on the housing estate are horrendous. In addition to that a lot of people have left their cars at the side of the road as opposed to a parking space or driveway and it would be just my luck to slip into one.

Someone at work told me that if its parked up in the snow you should leave it in 1st gear with the handbrake off - is that right?

Bad idea. Bad idea. Leave it in gear if you want, but do it as a back up to supplement the hand brake. Always put the handbrake on when you are parking, for sure.

Bad idea. Bad idea. Leave it in gear if you want, but do it as a back up to supplement the hand brake. Always put the handbrake on when you are parking, for sure.

I would agree with Jonny's advice to use the gear as a backup to the handbrake.

Maybe your coleague was giving their adv ice based on chance of handbrake freezing on perhaps? :unsure:

I'd like to know their reason whatever it is, so i can be totally sure :)

Maybe your coleague was giving their adv ice based on chance of handbrake freezing on perhaps? :unsure:

Yeah I think it was to stop the handbrake freezing on, will check with him again tomorrow... I haven't done it incidentally!

I live on a slight hill could'nt leave my handbreak off :o every banging noise iam hearing iam running to the window just to make sure no one has ran into me my heart is in my mouth.

seen a landrover 2day nearly loseing it :o

see just goes to show nothing is any good in the ice.. onl in the snow where you can get some grip...

Iam going to be brave and go the shops today its going to be a task to get onto the main roads but i will do it :lol:

My car was out and about yesterday and was fine most of the time even in 6+ inches of snow.

This morning though temp was -6 and all the snow had frozen, and the main roads hadn't been gritted or ploughed so my second service is going to have to wait til a week on Monday, by which point it'll be about 700 miles overdue :/

I haven't moved mine since Tuesday night but i might brave it tomorrow morning depending on how the weather goes. She looks quite pretty covered in a blanket of snow! At just under 2 weeks old, i dont think ill have a problem with her starting etc.

I had a bit of an iffy slip yesterday, my rear wheels were on a bit of sloping grass and my poor Fiesta was wheel spinning like crazy! Thank god for the two helpful souls who came out to help push me back onto the road. If it hadn't been for them I'd have been there for a long time, as it was, I was just there for a couple of minutes.

The cabin smelt of burnt clutch though... :(

We still have some snow today, most of it is just frozen but I will be going to the local store tomorrow with my mum for the weekly shop. Not going to the nearest Tesco like normal. But I go back to work on Saturday so that will be interesting... The roads will be gritted fine so long as it isn't snowing non stop.

Had no choice!

Had to go to work! Been on the early shift (5am starts) since the freeze started so no public transport then even if I wanted to use it. I work on public transport anyway so have to get in to help others get to work.

Roads have not been good close to home though the main roads not too bad.

Just took it VERY easy.

Last thing I want is an incident in my new car.

No problems starting and heats up quickly. Definate bonus is the heated windscreen!

Would definatlely rather not venture out at all!

Day off tomorrow so car will not be moving.

Been out in mine today, bit slippy but he coped fine with it! It's just fresh snow on the roads he seems to have issues with! Luckily my nice boss let us finish at 3:30 today so as we can get home safely in the light before the ice kicks in. Same tomorrow :)

Been out in mine today, bit slippy but he coped fine with it! It's just fresh snow on the roads he seems to have issues with! Luckily my nice boss let us finish at 3:30 today so as we can get home safely in the light before the ice kicks in. Same tomorrow :)

I think of my car as a girl, do all guys do that and girls think of theirs as male? hrmm..