Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many has not moved there car scence the big frezze

fiesta_lad

I think of my car as a girl, do all guys do that and girls think of theirs as male? hrmm..

I think of mine as a... what the hell am i going on about.. it's a !Removed! car that gets me from A to B. Mine couldn't be a girl anyway due to the amount of profanities that I use which I would never use in the presence of the fairer s*x, whilst driving the highways and byways stuffed up the rear end of Geordie slow boy in his ickle Fiesta, with his "My other cars a Lotus" sticker in the back. ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fiesta_lad

• KeithC

• irononreverse

• Hook

I think of mine as a... what the hell am i going on about.. it's a !Removed! car that gets me from A to B. Mine couldn't be a girl anyway due to the amount of profanities that I use which I would never use in the presence of the fairer s*x, whilst driving the highways and byways stuffed up the rear end of Geordie slow boy in his ickle Fiesta, with his "My other cars a Lotus" sticker in the back. ;)

My girlfriend shouted at me the other day when somebody cut me up... they were driving a 10 year old Corsa and overtook me and them tried to pull into the side of me. I made a slightly sexually suggestive hand movement and she went mad. Of course when we got to the next set of traffic lights the Fiesta left the Corsa for dust. Think he probably had a 'my other cars a Lotus' sticker too!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Surely the sticker would say M3 instead of Lotus? What are you guy's on about anyway, Keith has an older M3 that you can buy second hand for the same price as a new Fiesta!! He doesn't drive a brand new 55 grand one!!!

I'm almost detecting snobbery on here?? If I win the lotto I would look and a new M3 and a Jag XFR, plus a 4X4 for the snow hehe.

And also I would like to say I have WAY more van drivers up my backside daily then any BMW, Audi or Merc.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Surely the sticker would say M3 instead of Lotus? What are you guy's on about anyway, Keith has an older M3 that you can buy second hand for the same price as a new Fiesta!! He doesn't drive a brand new 55 grand one!!!

I'm almost detecting snobbery on here?? If I win the lotto I would look and a new M3 and a Jag XFR, plus a 4X4 for the snow hehe.

And also I would like to say I have WAY more van drivers up my backside daily then any BMW, Audi or Merc.

You'll have to read the other thread which I hijacked or somebody else did and I just carried it on. :D

My girlfriend shouted at me the other day when somebody cut me up... they were driving a 10 year old Corsa and overtook me and them tried to pull into the side of me. I made a slightly sexually suggestive hand movement and she went mad. Of course when we got to the next set of traffic lights the Fiesta left the Corsa for dust. Think he probably had a 'my other cars a Lotus' sticker too!

I'm always getting it me, from the steely stare to pitiful laughter coming from the passenger seat. Sometimes, I just can't help myself and it can be the smallest thing in the world. the wife says she's gonna plant a mic in the car and record me when I'm on my own, I told her not to bother, her C90 would finish before I got to work. ;)

I just hate inconsiderate drivers.

Bad idea. Bad idea. Leave it in gear if you want, but do it as a back up to supplement the hand brake. Always put the handbrake on when you are parking, for sure.

I think i read something in my ford handbook thingy that said if u are leaving ur car for a long period, (im guessing they mean months rather than days though) that u should release the handbreak, this sounded pretty bizarre 2 me though, what do u reckon?

I think i read something in my ford handbook thingy that said if u are leaving ur car for a long period, (im guessing they mean months rather than days though) that u should release the handbreak, this sounded pretty bizarre 2 me though, what do u reckon?

the rear brakes can stick to the drum if you leave the car with the hand brake on over long periods :blink:

Whilst Ford mean more than a couple of days you may find if the brakes are wet and you leave the car in a warm garage over night they may stick a little . But they will usually free up when you move the car :)

I just hate inconsiderate drivers.

Me too - I don't mind somebody out enjoying their car and having fun with the road. That's part of the fun of being a driver. I just hate people who are inconsiderate and dangerous. You can enjoy your car, at speed without putting other people in danger!

Agree with most of the above comments.

Inconsiderate drivers= annoying

Chavs in nova's = annoying

Baldies in m3's tailgaiting = annoying

Stereotyping = annoying.

As for leaving the handbrake off, if you're leaving the car for ages just park it in first and leave the handbrake off. I trust leaving the car in gear far more than I trust the handbrake, I always park with the handbrake on and the car in gear.

Well been the shops skidded a few times but she done me proud apart from some nob head taxi driver up my !Removed! telling me to hurry up what a !Removed! some people don't have a clue one word THICK.

the rear brakes can stick to the drum if you leave the car with the hand brake on over long periods :blink:

Whilst Ford mean more than a couple of days you may find if the brakes are wet and you leave the car in a warm garage over night they may stick a little . But they will usually free up when you move the car :)

Hmmm. Mine is parked is parked in snow and has been since Sunday, do you think it will be ok?

Hmmm. Mine is parked is parked in snow and has been since Sunday, do you think it will be ok?

If the engine has not been started scence sunday give it a little turn over for 10min that what i normally do.

If the engine has not been started scence sunday give it a little turn over for 10min that what i normally do.

It's more the brakes sticking than the engine not starting that I am worried about

Well been the shops skidded a few times but she done me proud apart from some nob head taxi driver up my !Removed! telling me to hurry up what a !Removed! some people don't have a clue one word THICK.

Damn right fiesta_lad!! FIESTA_LAD KNOWS WHERE IT IS AT!!!! GO FIESTA_LAD!!!! WOOOOO!!!!

I think I might award FOC member of the year 2010 runner up award to Fiesta_lad

It's more the brakes sticking than the engine not starting that I am worried about

I am more or less 100% certain that your brakes will be fine Bashful :)

Damn right fiesta_lad!! FIESTA_LAD KNOWS WHERE IT IS AT!!!! GO FIESTA_LAD!!!! WOOOOO!!!!

Iam lost here have i missed something here jonny87 :huh:

Iam lost here have i missed something here jonny87 :huh:

Congratulations fiesta_lad, you have won "Second best FOC member of the year 2010" KeithC won first prize - but you were close behind

Congratulations fiesta_lad, you have won "Second best FOC member of the year 2010" KeithC won first prize - but you were close behind

What did i have to do to win it. :lol:

Awwww thanks Jon

What make was the car, it's important for my database of urban myths.

What did i have to do to win it. :lol:

just make Jonny laugh without tickling him behind the knee.

I would imaging its fine but if you’re worried why not start the car and just engage first (or second if its slippery) then reverse gear and move the car forward then back about a foot. That should give the pads chance to free up if they are starting to stick. Personally I would worry more about snow building up on the car –do you go out and clean most of it off? There can be a fair amount of weight in snow and I would at least clean it off the bonnet.

It annoys me when drivers don't clear the snow off their roof. It's a hazard in this weather when it comes loose and flies into the path of my car. It's nervewracking enough, driving on icy roads, without having to deal with massive clumps of snow flying at your face! :(

It annoys me when drivers don't clear the snow off their roof. It's a hazard in this weather when it comes loose and flies into the path of my car. It's nervewracking enough, driving on icy roads, without having to deal with massive clumps of snow flying at your face! :(

I've seen some that have only cleared enough to see out of half the windscreen this week. I'd love to know what goes through the minds of these idiots.

I've seen some that have only cleared enough to see out of half the windscreen this week. I'd love to know what goes through the minds of these idiots.

It's baffling! Especially when it takes less than a WHOLE minute to clear off pretty much all the snow from a car.

It's baffling! Especially when it takes less than a WHOLE minute to clear off pretty much all the snow from a car.

yep, big coat and a glove and used my arm to sweep all the snow off one side of car, round the other and did the same. Some of these precious bleeders are to soft to pick up a scraper, never mind use what they were born with.

I drove past a punto on the way to the hospital last night who had iced up windows, snow all over the car and a tiny hole in the front windscreen.

Needless to say she drove through a red light. Where are the police? They should be pulling people like this over!