Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Cold Weather Vs. MK7 Fiesta

LeeZetecS

To be fair we've had some pretty persistent snow and i think the country has coped well. so far. :)

Well in Scotland it's not unexpected to have snow, yet everything seems to be reactive rather than proactive - but that's only my opinion :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• LeeZetecS

• AndrewL

• FMC

Well in Scotland it's not unexpected to have snow, yet everything seems to be reactive rather than proactive - but that's only my opinion :)

Mind you, our council used to have that attitude, and living at the top of a valley known locally as "Little Moscow" (both for political and weather reasons lol!) we've often been literally cut off as snow up here is always far, far worse than 5 miles away where the decision to despatch the gritters was taken. They always cam too late! But thankfully this winter we;ve had regular gritting and the main roads have been kept clear throughout :D

I hope its not just me but is the ford fiesta mk 7 crap in the snow and ice just doesnt wana move haha! i have the zetec s and its just poo in the snow like my bro has no problm in his car but my car doesnt want to kno

My Zetec s dosent like the compacted ice and is quite useless ( even with winter driving methods from the 70's). I put it down to low profile tyres ( why I don't know) and the lightness of the car.

I am really annoyed that I can drive my daughter Fiat grande punto with no probs on a road that stymies my car.

Paul

My Zetec s dosent like the compacted ice and is quite useless ( even with winter driving methods from the 70's). I put it down to low profile tyres ( why I don't know) and the lightness of the car.

I am really annoyed that I can drive my daughter Fiat grande punto with no probs on a road that stymies my car.

Paul

My Titanium has been stuck on my drive for the last 8 days as it is useless in this weather. I sent a complaint to FMC about the lack of an off switch for the ESP but haven't had any response (not that I expect one but I thought I should point out they may want to consider adding this feature in future!). Hubby's 08 Ka Zetec fares much better and has managed it all!

I was hoping I would be able to drive today but another 4 inches of snow overnight put paid to that!

I woke up this morning thinking "ooh yay rain! Maybe it'll wash some of the snow away!"... Then looked closer and saw it was snow... And we had about 5 more inches...

Seriously, when is this gonna stop!?

If it's any consolation, I am now snowed in and can't drive to the supermarket.

Loo roll is running precariously low, and the only food I have is oven chips and vegetable soup. Not good.

Loo roll is running precariously low, and the only food I have is oven chips and vegetable soup. Not good.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yayyyyyyyy, I finally got to drive my car today, first time since last Sunday, and it's parked back in it's own space. Please please don't snow again!

I was expecting to have an easy journey into work today as all the roads round us seemed to be better, I even checked the Aston Clinton bypass yesterday on my day off to make sure.

I have only been into work 5 days since it first snowed on 18th Dec and woke up this morning to another couple of inches of snow outside. I decided to try and get out of the estate and see what the main roads were like.

I took it easy all the way from Aylesbury, down the bypass to Watford at 40 to 50mph and even managed to get all the way to the road where the car park I use is without incident (couple of minor slides but not too bad). Took me 2 hours instead of my usual 45 minutes.

Unfortunately, as soon as I got onto that last road I was a bit too close to the taxi in front and he stopped suddenly, I locked the wheels up on the ice and went into the back of him! Oops! (Thank god for protected no claims - and no damage to my car!)

Gave details, ran into work and told them I was going home before any more snow came down and left me stranded (it took some friends 7 hours to do the homeward journey after the last big snowfall), went and picked the missus up from Watford junction station and spent 2 hours getting home so that I could call the insurance co.

Not a good start to the day! But on the upside, I have spent another day playing PS3 so not all bad!!

I was expecting to have an easy journey into work today as all the roads round us seemed to be better, I even checked the Aston Clinton bypass yesterday on my day off to make sure.

I have only been into work 5 days since it first snowed on 18th Dec and woke up this morning to another couple of inches of snow outside. I decided to try and get out of the estate and see what the main roads were like.

I took it easy all the way from Aylesbury, down the bypass to Watford at 40 to 50mph and even managed to get all the way to the road where the car park I use is without incident (couple of minor slides but not too bad). Took me 2 hours instead of my usual 45 minutes.

Unfortunately, as soon as I got onto that last road I was a bit too close to the taxi in front and he stopped suddenly, I locked the wheels up on the ice and went into the back of him! Oops! (Thank god for protected no claims - and no damage to my car!)

Gave details, ran into work and told them I was going home before any more snow came down and left me stranded (it took some friends 7 hours to do the homeward journey after the last big snowfall), went and picked the missus up from Watford junction station and spent 2 hours getting home so that I could call the insurance co.

Not a good start to the day! But on the upside, I have spent another day playing PS3 so not all bad!!

Sorry to hear about your bump, you might want to still get your car checked out though as it may look fine externally but you can never be sure. I had a bump in my old car and it didn't look too bad inititally but when the bumper came off loads of the clips and fixtures underneath were shattered, as they'd taken the brunt of the impact and absorbed most of the energy.

Just print some pictures of Piers Morgan off and use that. In fact, I'm not gonna buy any bog roll next time I'm in the supermarket so I can have a go.

Just print some pictures of Piers Morgan off and use that. In fact, I'm not gonna buy any bog roll next time I'm in the supermarket so I can have a go.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! :)

Been there, tried that. Printer paper is too thick and doesn't do a very good job, Piers' face or not ...

Been there, tried that. Printer paper is too thick and doesn't do a very good job, Piers' face or not ...

Maybe try to soften Piers Morgans printed face with the vegetable soup that you have left... ;)

Maybe try to soften Piers Morgans printed face with the vegetable soup that you have left... ;)

I don't like where this is going.

The grease from the chips should do a good job of softening the paper, whilst ensuring you have a well lubricated wipe action. :lol:

Even now the snow seems to have gone, it still seems to be causing me problems! I've gone back to my mums in Birmingham for the footie tomorrow and went through two flipping massive potholes on the way! Both of them sent a huge, horrible sounding thud and jolt through the cabin but luckily don't seem to have done any damage. I went back and got out of the car at one of them and it was about four inches deep and about four feet long! Think I'll go back tomorrow and take photos with a ruler and that, then take the car to the dealers to get it checked over and if something needs doing I'll try and claim from the council.

Oh, and also one of the roads was flooded so I had to navigate that too, Fez coped pretty well to be fair as it was a bit deeper than I first thought!

I agree, potholes are properly out of control now. They reckon it'll take 13 years to clear them all from what i heard on the news...

there are lots of good resources on the web about claiming for pothole damage

If one of the political parties put potholes on their manifesto they would have a good chance of winning the election lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club