Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shell V Power in a standard Focus?

xpeterpx

Just curious, any value in putting Shell V Power in the tank every time or even every so often?

Mines a standard (Apart from a RamAir foam cone filter) 1.6 petrol so will I see any real benefits from putting the more expensive stuff in?

Pete

It's good for the cleaning properties to the fuel system. It wouldn't hurt every other tankful.

I swear by the stuff, never use anything else. Gives more power and better fuel economy. 

• Like 1

I use it now an again. Can feel the dif def but i normally run 97 octane regardless with millers additive.. dont touch stock 95 fuel.. 

I filled up on a whim from a near empty tank... my car is same as yours (1.6 standard MKII), with K&N type cone filter.... goes like Stank!  Lol..  But it def feels a touch more powerful.

Hi Peter, Here's another thread on the topic that you might find interesting:

Good luck

I always use it for my diesel, if I use BP or god forbid, a supermarket fuel, I can hear a lot more noise and get lower MPG. it averages out about 4% improvement over supermarket fuel. BP doesn't change the MPG at all but it sounds like a bag  of spanners.

End of the day, injectors and fuel pumps cost a lot of money to replace and since the lube is in the Diesel in the form of sulphur and diesel is now very low in sulphur, it s eems prudent to lube up the fuel somewhat and keep those injectors and high pressure fuel pumps ticking over nicely.

1 hour ago, Dee_82 said:

I always use it for my diesel

You put petrol in your diesel??? :w00t:

:laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjt said:

You put petrol in your diesel??? :w00t:

:laugh:

Haaha, nooo, that's not such a smart idea, Vpower Nitro+ Diesel :)

I do however add about 200ml of 2 stroke mineral oil :) 

I used to do that with our old Mk1.5 1.8TDCi to offset the reduction in sulphur in modern bio-diesel.

• Like 1

Use bp ultimate in my focus 1.8 petrol runs loads better especially with a dose millers additive.

• Like 1

I have  put petrol  in my 2.0 tdci twice, I` m a well known pizza comp. delivery driver.  I fill up once a week, with what i make on deliveries, so £ 40 / £50 is my  fill up,  Fill up drive away,  home.  Crank engine, nothing, oops, first mistake cost me  aa breakdown money £200 plus for drain, second mistake,  was looking for bp supreme, half asleep pumped in  a full tank. Drove home , crank it over, nothing,  got car  lifted  on a breakdown truck to a garage , much cheaper  than aa. £150

Went back to bp , black nozzle  on supreme, asked them what pump is diesel supreme on ,  oh we don't do  diesel supreme, why is there a black nozzle on that pump over there? on that  supreme ? No idea mate .  Went back to take a pic of black nozzle  on diesel  marked pump , no black nozzle  , was green .  

Still after  the abuse  she has had with Petrol, i have done 2 fuel filter changes  and found swarf  in the pot.  Still get air in pipes  (not sure if its from o rings , have no idea where to get replacements) she still runs as sweet as a nut ,  well pleased i bought the bulletproof 2.0 tdci  coming up to 150k miles , she had 132k  when i bought her around a year ago.

Having said that  she gets nothing but  shell nitro,  unless ive had a bad week  , then gets fuelsave, Still get around  45 mpg, was remapped before i got her to 170bhp, dpf gutted and deleted, again b4 i bought her, Has a panic on  last MOT , cos she does smoke on boost, with the new dpf laws coming into play, she passed ,  so i got her for another year 

What pees me off  is they wont let you have that fuel back,  they sell it on , hang on  its my  fuel your draining out, its my money  your selling on.

Edited by rs200
added more