Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Detailing

S.hunt

I've been hearing a lot about cars being detailing and paint restoration, making it look showroom quality. I would like to do the same thing myself but I just don't know where to begin. The only thing I have is  DA polisher. I want to get rid of as many scratches I can that are on the car and also restore is paintwork and remove the holograms that is also on the paintwork. What do people recommend? I keep looking into all different types of detailing brands and I just get confused.

2 hours ago, S.hunt said:

I've been hearing a lot about cars being detailing and paint restoration, making it look showroom quality. I would like to do the same thing myself but I just don't know where to begin. The only thing I have is  DA polisher. I want to get rid of as many scratches I can that are on the car and also restore is paintwork and remove the holograms that is also on the paintwork. What do people recommend? I keep looking into all different types of detailing brands and I just get confused.

Autobrite Direct has masses of stuff, the 'correct it' range is good to get rid of swirls/holograms, personally I use 'brilliance' 'carbanuba' 'project 32' on my mk2 amongst others. https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/

Are these are fairly easy product to use? I have a DA polisher (challenge x from Argos) would you recommend a different type of pad to use? or will using the ones that came with it be sufficient enough? I only ask as because this polisher was on the budget side, so I am assuming that the pads will be of budget quality and wouldn't want it to cause more harm. 

Not sure of which pads to use but I'd guess the AD website would tell you. I put mine on by hand as my paintwork is ok. I reckon when I bought the car from uncle arnold 2 years ago they'd gone over it with a DA beforehand as it was spotless & gleaming.

Great thanks for the advice. I will have to bite the bullet and get something done soon before the bad weather comes round.

Thanks again Russ

Try to visit autogeekonline. Lots of tips from professional detailers.

Autobtight are excellent products

Also watch White Details on YouTube he's excellent. Car cleaning guru is another good channel and he's funny too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hard work detailing, requires alot of time, but I always do my mondeo by hand. I follow WhiteDetails on Youtube, Give him a watch he really knows his stuff and produces some excellent finishes. 

Good Luck!