Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK2.5 Boot Lid Handle Help

Psyducks

Hi, somebody tried to steal my bootlid cover and did a shocking job at it snapping all the clips, 

How would i go about finding one that has keyless entry and how would i fit? really struggling to find this part online
Do i also need the gasket? and how is this fitted? thanks! if i can't find a keyless i would have to make do with a normal one. so expensive for what it is.

20068363_10214354896332155_1409888270_n.jpg

Hi guys, i've ordered a new one from eBay and the gasket, does anyone know how the gaskets fits? do  just put it on the trim or on the car or what? thanks

I would have thought that you put the gasket into the handle especially it it has studs on it 

9 hours ago, Psyducks said:

Hi, somebody tried to steal my bootlid cover and did a shocking job at it snapping all the clips, 

How would i go about finding one that has keyless entry and how would i fit? really struggling to find this part online
Do i also need the gasket? and how is this fitted? thanks! if i can't find a keyless i would have to make do with a normal one. so expensive for what it is.

20068363_10214354896332155_1409888270_n.jpg

W and anchor springs to mind,

Don't think the keyless entry has any thing to do with it just as long as you still have the boot release sensor intact.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilto said:

W and anchor springs to mind,

Don't think the keyless entry has any thing to do with it just as long as you still have the boot release sensor intact.

Hi, but the keyless i mean the button on the chrome trim to lock the doors and boot, i can't find any boot handle trims with space for this button and ford want 400+
what is w and anchor?
thanks

12 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

I would have thought that you put the gasket into the handle especially it it has studs on it 

Hi sorry what do you mean by handle? 

1 hour ago, Psyducks said:

Hi sorry what do you mean by handle? 

The 'handle' is the bit of trim in your picture. You refer to it as your 'bootlid cover'!

1 hour ago, Psyducks said:

Hi, but the keyless i mean the button on the chrome trim to lock the doors and boot, i can't find any boot handle trims with space for this button and ford want 400+
what is w and anchor?
thanks

You could have used Araldyte Rapid (epoxy glue) to glue the clips back onto the handle as I had to do with mine. I'd have told Ford they could whistle Dixie for 400+ !

lmao at "what is w and anchor"

• Like 1

my tail gate handle is held on by 6 bolts as well as the plastic clips, they ripped all them out too?

edit, actually don't look like you have them, how odd.

13 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

my tail gate handle is held on by 6 bolts as well as the plastic clips, they ripped all them out too?

edit, actually don't look like you have them, how odd.

Hey, the bolts are still on the car to cover the holes and the plastic clips have been ripped of the trim 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

You could have used Araldyte Rapid (epoxy glue) to glue the clips back onto the handle as I had to do with mine. I'd have told Ford they could whistle Dixie for 400+ !

lmao at "what is w and anchor"

any idea where i could get this? brick and morter store be best!

3 hours ago, Psyducks said:

any idea where i could get this? brick and morter store be best!

DIY shop, Some supermarkets, car motor factors shop. Ford obviously designed the trim/handle to break (hence the extortionate cost to replace!) when I fixed mine I placed plenty of epoxy around each clip to give them strength, that was over a year ago and to date they're still solid :)

Araldite 20/20 or 5 (or 30) minute Devcon will glue anything to anything. And in this case the glued joint will be stronger than the original material was.

Both available online. 

Devcon On ebay. Any of the epoxies. 

Lol w and anchor. Same as ah and soul.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Hi, 

I have had issue with mine, 2 of the clips on right have snapped, i have found new chrome trim on eBay but it doesnt come with clips, i am unsure which clips they are for my car, i have ford focus titanium 2008 plate does anyone have any tips or anything on the exact clips i need?

thank you 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club