Do Not Sell My Personal Information

after market head unit

mrmetallica

i bought a head unit that has sat nav dvd player touch screen it doesnt have sat nav but im wondering if i could buy a usb dab stick .would it work on the head unit ? any ideas .

also is it possible to upgrade the software on it ?

What make and model of head unit have you bought and perhaps a photo 

1 hour ago, TangoDaz said:

What make and model of head unit have you bought and perhaps a photo 

this is it .i bought it a few years ago but never used it as it didnt have dab .its a chinese one 20170714_224601.thumb.jpg.63ba39bf9617d23db0f3ab02d81fed78.jpg

Hi mate

looks like it has sat nav already built in and the sd card to the left hand side at the bottom is it's software all you need is a antenna with you can get in eBay any chance of a photo of the wiring loom and the back of the unit? 

"i bought a head unit that has sat nav dvd player touch screen it doesnt have sat nav but im wondering if i could buy a usb dab stick .would it work on the head unit ?"

was that an error?, should it say doesn't have dab

3 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

Hi mate

looks like it has sat nav already built in and the sd card to the left hand side at the bottom is it's software all you need is a antenna with you can get in ebay any chance of a photo of the wiring loom and the back of the unit? 

i want to know if i can ad a dab usb to get dab radio .would it work ?

dab.jpg.3302fd0e5c2ffcd4fadea2f99efcbe68.jpg

I doubt it very much, in fact id bet that it wouldn't work, I know eonon make a DAB unit to plug in to their headunits to make them work with DAB, but they are quite expensive, around £70 or there abouts and are specific to their headunits

your headunit looks like a typical generic Chinese job, it should have satnav unless it didn't come with a GPS receiver but don't count on getting DAB on it any time soon. 

unless youre absolutely dead set on having a big display + sat nav , i'd be flogging that no brand ching chong unit on eBay and getting something with

sony stamped on it instead if you just want to fit a unit that sounds better , looks nicer , and has extra features like dab etc.

sorry got the wrong message here I do have a eonon unit that has a dab facility and I did purchase a dab antenna but if I am honest the reception is mot great and probably a waist of money  but when I had my Sony head unit with dab that also had dead area's where you lost the signal completely 

16 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

20170714_224601.thumb.jpg.63ba39bf9617d23db0f3ab02d81fed78.jpg

any one want to buy a head unit ?

• Like 1

I may be interested if the price is right 

1 hour ago, mrmetallica said:

any one want to buy a head unit ?

How much ?

im open to offers