Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bedding in new discs and pads

antward91

I'm having new discs and pads fitted to my 2010 1.6 zetec s on Sunday  (ferodo pads and brake engineering discs)

they've not got a specific bedding In procedure with them, how do I go about bedding them in?

is it just a case of braking very lightly for a few hundred miles?

Personally i just drive normally but aviod Heavy braking and sudden stops if possible. Did that wi my brembos on my mk2.5 for 1st 50miles and they were fine.

• Like 1

Just hope nobody runs out in front of you that's all 😏

• Like 2

Well just having been through this with a Racecar (on carbon pads/steel disks) I'd say that some of the recommended procedures can be a little excessive.

I think the thing that you are aiming for is to gradually build the temperature up and not get them red hot on the first few cycles. And if you do overheat them (ie have to do an emergency stop procedure or have an accident) you want to get them back cool as soon as possible and without clamping the brakes on afterwards.

I would say that because I think that it is high temps across the whole pad that you are trying to avoid that, while it might not be desirable, you can probably get away with short sharp prods at the brakes at any time, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, antward91 said:

I'm having new discs and pads fitted to my 2010 1.6 zetec s on Sunday  (ferodo pads and brake engineering discs)

they've not got a specific bedding In procedure with them, how do I go about bedding them in?

is it just a case of braking very lightly for a few hundred miles?

around 200miles to bed in your new pads and discs :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club