Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New fiesta

primus1960

Well had a test drive of the new fiesta yesterday and ended up ordering a new one, but the delivery won't be until October, I've gone for a titanium 5 door in frozen white ( again) we've added electric rear windows and, initially reversing sensors ( £200) but realised that with the camera and sensors its only £50 extra, however the dealer has given us this for nothing so were getting the reverse camera and sensors for the price of just the sensors

Blimey, you actually managed to give your money to a Ford dealer! You did better than me and Mrs Tull did.

I think I'd worry about the depreciation as soon as you drive it off the forecourt more than saving £50.

• Like 1

Any new car will lose around 15% the second the wheels hit the road, you'll also lose the majority of the price of the extras you chose but that's what you get when you buy new. Ideally you'd look for a pre reg car with what you want but that can take ages to find. I have just helped a friend of mine buy a new 2017 Fiesta ST Line 140ps in frozen white with door protectors, privacy glass and a full size spare, she was offered a pre reg ST-2 with 16miles on the clock for silly money but she wanted new, so that it was exactly what she wanted. There's nothing like buying new and haggling with the dealer. Enjoy your new car when it comes @primus1960 my friend has to wait until mid October, once she gets her build number she will track it to the dealers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still waiting for my Titanium, ordered 12th April

Sshh, don't say that [emoji24]

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Any new car will lose around 15% the second the wheels hit the road, you'll also lose the majority of the price of the extras you chose but that's what you get when you buy new. Ideally you'd look for a pre reg car with what you want but that can take ages to find. I have just helped a friend of mine buy a new 2017 Fiesta ST Line 140ps in frozen white with door protectors, privacy glass and a full size spare, she was offered a pre reg ST-2 with 16miles on the clock for silly money but she wanted new, so that it was exactly what she wanted. There's nothing like buying new and haggling with the dealer. Enjoy your new car when it comes @primus1960 my friend has to wait until mid October, once she gets her build number she will track it to the dealers!

I bought my current car new through orange wheels but the savings through them aren't as good atm , the garage  we've used to look after our car is a local family owned ford dealership and they gave us a good deal, yes I know the best way to buy a car is pre owned/reg, but we wanted new so I will take the hit when its time to sell, I realised some may be horrified at this but it suits us

• Like 1

Primus, how much did you negotiate off RRP?

11 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Primus, how much did you negotiate off RRP?

Just short of 1500, plus PX held until October

There you go, that near on covers any first day depreciation.

One of my neighbours negotiated almost 30% off a Pug 208.  He drive it for a year, traded it in elsewhere, and got back only a hundred quid less than he paid. Those numbers work for me!

16 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

There you go, that near on covers any first day depreciation.

One of my neighbours negotiated almost 30% off a Pug 208.  He drive it for a year, traded it in elsewhere, and got back only a hundred quid less than he paid. Those numbers work for me!

Thing is when buying any car be it new or used you will get hit by depreciation at some point, obviously you don't pay as much for a used/pre reg car as new one but its down to the joys of motoring I'm afraid

i can get £6800 off a new focus titanium , but still not sure i want to spend £14.5k on buying a car.

i like spending wht little money i have on holidays
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, iantt said:

i can get £6800 off a new focus titanium , but still not sure i want to spend £14.5k on buying a car.

*buying a brand new car.

You can get a 2014 BMW 320d for that price with less than 30k on the clock. These are all used cars around the same age with similar mileage for less than 14.5k;

Mercedes C-class (2.2 diesel), Audi A5, Audi A3, Toyota GT86, BMW 118i (coupe).

Not to sound disloyal or anything, but I'd take any of them over a Fiesta any day.

Edit: forgot to mention you could probably get both a focus ST or fiesta ST for that price too.

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

i like spending wht little money i have on holidays

I suppose most people go for finance and most PCP finance, I was on PCP for a few years then I just got a loan for the remainder now I just pay every month towards the loan and better yet at the end I own the vehicle, I suppose in one sense I own it now due to taking out a personal loan but you get the point, I personally would not buy new due to the money loss when driving off the forecourt.

on pcp i would be paying £200 a month 0%apr deposit £200 , i can see why alot of cars are sold /leased on pcp.
i have concidered it , but seem to then go book flights instead. lol

46 minutes ago, iantt said:

on pcp i would be paying £200 a month 0%apr deposit £200 , i can see why alot of cars are sold /leased on pcp.
i have concidered it , but seem to then go book flights instead. lol

That's fair enough we spend our money as we wish, we don't go abroad so have chosen a new car instead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

*buying a brand new car.

You can get a 2014 BMW 320d for that price with less than 30k on the clock. These are all used cars around the same age with similar mileage for less than 14.5k;

Mercedes C-class (2.2 diesel), Audi A5, Audi A3, Toyota GT86, BMW 118i (coupe).

Not to sound disloyal or anything, but I'd take any of them over a Fiesta any day.

Edit: forgot to mention you could probably get both a focus ST or fiesta ST for that price too.

All very nice cars I'm sure, none of them suit our needs

• Like 1

Hey @primus1960 I managed to get £1650 off RRP, she also gets 2yrs free servicing. She is buying cash so no finance to worry about. I totally agree with you about buying a new car. With the discount you can negotiate the depreciation doesn't seem that bad. I am like you, it's al about the experience of buying your new car, the choices you make and the back and forth with the dealer, then the anticipation of waiting for delivery and tracking your car. I love buying new, for the last 12 years I've always bought new, between me and my wife we have bought 7. I've also bought 2 new cars on behalf of family/friend. I'll continue to buy new for as long as I enjoy it. I'm in no way horrified by your decision to buy new.

17 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Hey @primus1960 I managed to get £1650 off RRP, she also gets 2yrs free servicing. She is buying cash so no finance to worry about. I totally agree with you about buying a new car. With the discount you can negotiate the depreciation doesn't seem that bad. I am like you, it's al about the experience of buying your new car, the choices you make and the back and forth with the dealer, then the anticipation of waiting for delivery and tracking your car. I love buying new, for the last 12 years I've always bought new, between me and my wife we have bought 7. I've also bought 2 new cars on behalf of family/friend. I'll continue to buy new for as long as I enjoy it. I'm in no way horrified by your decision to buy new.

Thank you, yes we are about to buy what will be our second brand new car we've always bought second hand then later nearly new, our experience with this dealer was quite pleasant and straightforward, we are happy with the deal we got 

• Like 1

we are happy with the deal we got 

I think you have just hit the nail on the head [emoji16]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club