Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What colour?

Saymyname

Hi I have been offered a  brand new Fiesta 5dr 125 Titanium but it is in white. Really wanted red as white always looks a bit dirty but there is not many arrived in the UK yet. Problem is the deal is so good I can't really say no or should I wait for a red one.

hard to say, how long will you keep it?, will you always look at it and wish you had a red one instead.   if you want to sell in not many years will a red one sell as well as white one. my gut feeling is that not many people want a red car as they are a bit bright. I have not checked the prices of the new fiesta, on the old fiesta the red was the colour you got if you did not want to pay extra for another colour. White was about £250 extra. 

I would rather have white as it does not stand out as much as red. I don't like cars that stand out. I have black one.

I don't think anyone can tell you what to do

• Like 1

White is the best selling colour so it will be good when you come to sell.

• Like 1

Can't argue with the two comments above. I have a red fez amd prior to that a white one and I preferred the white one, but that's my opinion. And@isetta is bang on, red is a solid colour and was the only 'free' colour. If it is a crazy good deal and it's the new 2017 Fiesta then you could take it, see how you feel about it and if you can't get along with it then you could always get it wrapped, it's not as expensive as people think. Either go with your heart or your wallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies. Have bought the white fiesta even though I said I never get another one but the deal I got is one l couldn't turn down. The car has arrived in their compound so no waiting till September or October for me. Should get it next weekend

This is just my opinion, and in my house that doesn't mean much, but I would wait until September. As tough as it is to know your car is ready and waiting I think it would be the right thing to do. Personally I would rather it was first registered as an early 67 plate rather than a late 17, purely for resale figures when you come to sell it.

• Like 1

Colour is a personal choice, but I purposely waited for the right white one to come along. Most of my cars have been white as I think it accentuates it's shape & makes it look sleeker, particularly the frozen white, but as I said, it's a personal choice. I always ensure the car is well protected, so that cleaning is made easier.

Chris.

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

This is just my opinion, and in my house that doesn't mean much, but I would wait until September. As tough as it is to know your car is ready and waiting I think it would be the right thing to do. Personally I would rather it was first registered as an early 67 plate rather than a late 17, purely for resale figures when you come to sell it.

I'd also hate to put a downer on things, but he is bob on here. Plus you may think you're getting this much off the price, and this option for free, but brand new fiestas are still expensive for what they are. I'd say anything up to £2.5k off the list price isn't a good deal. White will hold it's value better (I know when I got mine white ones were about 1 in 10 compared to red, and at least £500 more expensive on average).

• Like 1

"Personally I would rather it was first registered as an early 67 plate rather than a late 17, purely for resale figures when you come to sell it.".

very much depends on how long you want to keep it for.  I had my last fiesta for 9 years and 146k miles. After that time and mileage it would not make any difference if it had been a 57 plate instead of the 07 plate on it.

But if it was being sold in a couple of years from new it can make a difference on value.

• Like 1

I would agree @isetta providing you meant 17 and not 07

But then why not wait until March and get an 18 plate? Or next September for a 68?  

If you're buying a car you've actually got to stop at some point and put your cash on the table, and whenever you do it there's a potential argument for waiting until the next registration change.

The biggest hit in trade value is by calendar year, not prefix.  If you were looking to buy a car in December I'd suggest hanging on until January, but otherwise it doesn't really matter.  Whether you buy a car today or in 8 weeks time, its relative value after 36 Months from date of registration will be the same.

Thanks for your replies again. So I am going for the iPad in white as the others colours in stock where pretty nuff and yes l have thought about 17 v 67 plate but like I said the deal is very good. I am not too worried about the sell on price as this car will be my fourth in 4 -5 years and come the 68 plate I might swap again so that I may not lose too much money. My deal was coming to a end in November and I didn't want pay for a service etc and lose too much money on a old (65) model. I already have lost abit already because the dealer said it is a old model now? When I get the car I will post here what I really think of it.

saymyname

• Like 1

But then why not wait until March and get an 18 plate? Or next September for a 68?  
If you're buying a car you've actually got to stop at some point and put your cash on the table, and whenever you do it there's a potential argument for waiting until the next registration change.
The biggest hit in trade value is by calendar year, not prefix.  If you were looking to buy a car in December I'd suggest hanging on until January, but otherwise it doesn't really matter.  Whether you buy a car today or in 8 weeks time, its relative value after 36 Months from date of registration will be the same.

Disagree, and to say wait until March etc is a bit daft. The OP is looking to by a car, and in 5-6 weeks the new reg cars come out, there is a sensible reason to wait. Why would anyone wait 7 months or a year? I would draw the line around this timeframe before the new plates. The cash value of the car may well be the same after 36 months but the customers perceived value will be different. Buying in December and registering the car in January, how is that any different? As you say yourself "it's relative value after 36 months from date of registration will be the same"

Thanks for your replies again. So I am going for the iPad in white as the others colours in stock where pretty nuff and yes l have thought about 17 v 67 plate but like I said the deal is very good. I am not too worried about the sell on price as this car will be my fourth in 4 -5 years and come the 68 plate I might swap again so that I may not lose too much money. My deal was coming to a end in November and I didn't want pay for a service etc and lose too much money on a old (65) model. I already have lost abit already because the dealer said it is a old model now? When I get the car I will post here what I really think of it.
saymyname

I thought iPads only came in silver, space grey or rose gold [emoji6]

As long as you are happy with the deal then that's all that really matters. Enjoy your new car [emoji846]

That iPad is one thing I don't like about the new model and that her indoors make me buy a four door.😟

I'm lost now lol. I thought 'iPad' was an autocorrect but now I'm not so sure now, does the fiesta come with an iPad now?

It just looks like an iPad.   It seems to be the norm now.   I bought a new Renault Kadjar Signature Nav today and it has exactly the same.

• Like 1

I know what you mean now, it didn't click in my head. Cheers @Bobr

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Well I went for the white colour  Mk8 fiesta and what a motor. Had it for a week now and the car drives brilliantly, corners great and the old 125 engine purrs along without fuss. And of course the 125 engine has rear disc's too which I think has definitely improve the braking. On the Titanium there is lot's of kit too even a camera that displays the speed sign in your instrument cluster( I think I will have to turn that off) auto lights ,wipers etc. Am I happy with this motor even in white with a iPad ( good bit of kit) struck on the dash board you bet I am. Ford have done it again

saymyname

Why do you want to turn off the traffic sign recognition? Any pictures of the car?

As requested photo's better late than never i say. Note the blue peter handy work

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

The number plate's blue background and EU stars is going to look dated once Brexit is upon us. I don't want to look like a football fanatic with the English cross of St George. I've been thinking of a red background to the Union Flag and GB just to give a touch of colour to the Magnetic grey Fiesta I have on order.

I'm not sure what to make of the new shape. The rear cluster makes me think 'VAG' for some reason. Have the changed the roof line? CBA looking out the window at our mk7.5 but it looks like there is less of a slope towards the tailgate. It's going to take a while but I think I could easily grow to like it, it's nice in white.

Now you have to remember to always blank the correct end otherwise you will have displayed the entire reg. [emoji12] hope you are enjoying her

Yes the slope is still there but the whole car feels a lot bigger than my old ZS. Perhaps the two extra doors is making a difference. I wasn't too keen at first on the back lights but like you said they grow on you. I still think the front is better on the old model. Even like the iPad now. This car is going to be fantastic as a ST or ST- Line model.

I still think they're butt ugly :P Especially around the boot area, that lip where it meets the bumper just kills it. The interior looks nicer, just the screen positioning feels like an afterthought, as if they forgot to incorporate it earlier on, so just stuck it ontop. I only see them selling the ST based on people wanting power, but also low fuel costs.