Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autobeam number plate led

Zack

Hello, looking onto the autobeam website for number plate led they have 2 sorts, the bulb or the whole casing which one do i need as i will be changing from standard, the insert surely is just for the led to slot into?

you can go for either, one is a complete unit the other is just a direct bulb replacement

Not personally used em but for £4.90 its got to be worth a punt. As for the number plate The whole unit will be brighter so its down to your preference,I opted for just the bulb

I think i will order red ones for footwell so matches cup holders, will they only come on when doors open like the standard bulb or are the leds dark sensitive ? Number plate ill just go for the led bulb i think 😀 thank you for quick replys 😀

I went for the full unit purely because it was nice and easy, plus I damaged the original unit when I was doing a reccie to see what I needed. I prefer the whole unit, it's horses for courses [emoji846]
As for the footwell lighting, LEDs will behave the same way as an OEM bulb, coming on only when the door opens or you turn on the interior lights yourself. You may find that they just go 'off' rather than dimming down but that is a common behaviour. Some LEDs appear to be lit very dimly all of the time, even when the ignition is off. This is normally due to a poor LED, Autobeam however use high quality components so that will not be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im going to order my autobeam lights soon ready for weekend! Not long had my zetec s need to do more mods but some are exspensive im sure led numberplate would look amazing when there on thank you again 😀

Go for the number plate replacement unit rather the the bulbs

YDET10 will give you 10% off at autobeam.

Your posts would be better off in the Fiesta section rather than the general chat.

• Like 1

Hello mark, im not sure what to do with number plate yet, might do footwell leds first see how they look as im new to all these car mods, hoping there better and brighter than the standard yellow bulb i have there. Going to read up about more mods of thr car 😀

Have a look in the project section, lots of people change to LEDs so should be some pics in there.

• Like 1

Bit of a stupid question but when do licence plate lights come on? Do you have to have your full lights on at night for them to come on or are they on with daylight running lights ?

5 minutes ago, Zack said:

Bit of a stupid question but when do licence plate lights come on? Do you have to have your full lights on at night for them to come on or are they on with daylight running lights ?

When you have your sidelights or headlights on

Dont think i have ever used my sidelights dont use my headlights very often doubtin is it worth changing i guess i can allways do them at a later date. The dark mornings are comin i guess thank you for your help 😀

Don't use your headlights often? How do you get away with that? Do you not drive at night or do you wear a head torch lol. I've programmed my tail lights to be on with my DRLs, so the VRM lights are on constantly. I got my units from amazon but that was before I had heard of Autobeam. I haven't used them yet but when I need new bulbs or lighting mods they will be my first choice, and that's purely down to the recommendations on here from more than one person. I have been told that the owner is a forum member too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont do much night time driving just the ocasinal early mornings 😀

• Like 1