Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeal when cornering (skidding noise)

Albert27

Hi guys.

Car is a 1.6 petrol standard 2006 focus.  Car is making a squeal noise from front offside when cornering.  Sounds just like it's skidding but it's definitely not as it's happening well within safe speeds for the bends.

Any ideas?

could be that tracking is miles out.  years ago my wife had an accident whereby another car hit her front wheel and bent her steering. it squealed horrendously on corners until sorted out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, isetta said:

could be that tracking is miles out.  years ago my wife had an accident whereby another car hit her front wheel and bent her steering. it squealed horrendously on corners until sorted out

Cheers for that.  I noticed that the inner tyre wear was considerably more than the outer so we could be barking up the right tree with that theory mate :thumbup1: I will tell my mate as it's not my car with the issue this time :biggrin:

• Like 1

+1 for tracking, my previous car (SEAT EXEO), the tyre would squeal on full lock at low speed pulling out of the drive which warned me time to check the tracking

• Like 1