Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK 3.5 Climate Control

jmacp1808

Hi

Focus mk3.5 15 plate car has had AC regassed and there is definitely gas in the system.  When I click AC nothing seems to happen the air does not seem to get any colder at all.

Does anyone know if when you press the AC if you should hear a Clunk / Click as it engages.  Are there any further checks before sending it to the dealer?

John

My car is a MK2.5 on a 10 plate and when I switch mine on and off, I can definitely hear a small knock/ click when it's engaging also the engine sounds different too, like a fan has come on so to speak.

55 minutes ago, jmacp1808 said:

Hi

Focus mk3.5 15 plate car has had AC regassed and there is definitely gas in the system.  When I click AC nothing seems to happen the air does not seem to get any colder at all.

Does anyone know if when you press the AC if you should hear a Clunk / Click as it engages.  Are there any further checks before sending it to the dealer?

John

yes you should hear the ac compressor kick in, that may be what has stopped working on the car if you don`t feel the cold air comeing thru, how long have you had it running for while driveing around ?

Doesn't seem to matter what i do drive fast slow etc I don't get a clunk or change in engine note when turning ac on.

32 minutes ago, jmacp1808 said:

Doesn't seem to matter what i do drive fast slow etc I don't get a clunk or change in engine note when turning ac on.

take it back to ford garage as i`m sure that the air-con compressor should be covered by ford if it`s faulty/not working

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club