Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philips blue vision

Ingo

took 3 screws out and elec plug but i think if i force it i might break something, but if its all you do then will try to be abit more forcefull, many thanks

Hows it going?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nipz

• Gazjs

• ASHMAN

• Nordiclight

took 3 screws out and elec plug but i think if i force it i might break something, but if its all you do then will try to be abit more forcefull, many thanks

Well my headlight had a large fin which fits just below the bumper which you had to give a bit of a tugg to get it off but i can't remember seeing a white clip anywhere????

I think the fin just keeps the bumper flush with the lamp has anyone else spotted this.

Well my headlight had a large fin which fits just below the bumper which you had to give a bit of a tugg to get it off but i can't remember seeing a white clip anywhere????

I think the fin just keeps the bumper flush with the lamp has anyone else spotted this.

Yes mine was the same but had a white clip in chassis as well.

So how is everyone getting on with the Blue Visions? Going to get some new bulbs on saturday and want to see what people think about them :)

Hi

I fitted bluevisions about a month after getting my zetec. I tend to agree with previous comments that they are a better brighter light than the standard yellow, but they are not really BLUE tinged like you see on Audi's, BM's Merc's etc.

I fitted the Phillips H7's (dipped) and the free W5W 501 (sides) with no real problems. Was slightly underwhelmed having spent £20, so not yet bothered with going the whole hog by doing my H1's (main) or fogs.

Had read on another thread that the fogs were bit difficult to change - handbook gives no advice suggests back to dealer! Any further views on the fogs??

Cheers

Kev

Or just buy a H7 HID kit.....

166313-1632929.jpg

//Henrik

any chance of a link to the HID's and a few more photos of how you fitted them?

and yes i'm aware they are illegal in the uk.

any chance of a link to the HID's and a few more photos of how you fitted them?

and yes i'm aware they are illegal in the uk.

I used a HID Kit from a company in Sweden (www.xenonkungen.se). But it is a basic H7 50W 4300K HID Kit from China that you can buy on eBay.

The installation is very easy. Just replace the H7 bulb with the H7 Xenon bulb. The ballast is easy to place outside the lamp as seen in the pictures.

I can recommend www.vvme.com if you are to buy HID lamps.

http://www.vvme.com/12v-5055w-h7-hid-conve...?cPath=44_45_23

And for the result, it’s a very big difference to the halogen light. It’s so powerful that the high beam is almost useless compared to the low beam.

Good luck with the modification!

838873_6qcikj.jpg

838872_famtqf.jpg

//Henrik

Nordiclight love the HID Kit! HID arent illegal in the UK as long as they they comply with the law etc. Dont no if i have the balls to fit one though :D

Nordiclight how do the wires come out of the back of the bulbs housing?

Nordiclight love the HID kit! HID arent illegal in the UK as long as they they comply with the law etc. Dont no if i have the balls to fit one though :D

Nordiclight how do the wires come out of the back of the bulbs housing?

Just through the rubber cap on the backside of the lamp house.

It's not legal in Sweden but do the police know that the MK7 don't have xenon lights as a factory option

What is the penalty in UK for having HID if the police stop you? In Sweden you are ordered to visit the "vehicle test" organisation for a test. And maybe a fine if you unlucky.

//Henrik

here in the uk the penalty is a mob beat down

Ive read lots online from people saying aftermarket HID kits are fine as long as its comply with the law etc etc. That not true?

hmmmm i'm really interested to give this a go now and take my luck at not getting stopped :lol:

I am now in the process of getting a HID Kit but unsure weather to get a 50w kit or 35w kit?? I know i am gonna get 6000k kit but undecided on the brightness.

Or just buy a H7 HID kit.....

166313-1632929.jpg

//Henrik

Have you got a picture in front of your car at night and one from inside looking down the road at night?

Ive read lots online from people saying aftermarket HID kits are fine as long as its comply with the law etc etc. That not true?

For the definitive answer on the legality of HID's, see the link below to the Department for Transport:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

So to make HID's legal you must comply with the following points:

"1. The headlamp unit (outer lens, reflector, bulb) shall be type approved to ECE 98 and be "e-marked" to demonstrate this. That can only be done by the headlamp supplier - Hella, Valeo etc. who must test the headlamp in an independent laboratory.

2. Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some expensive estate cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

3. The headlamp must be maintained in good working order, kept clean, and aligned/adjusted correctly like any other headlamp."

I've also invested in a HID conversion kit (6000K), which has cost me just over £30 as I was part of a group buy on another forum, I can't wait to get them installed after seeing Henrik's pics, especially as the standard lights are pretty pants imo

As for the bluevisions, I had them on my MK6, liked them, much better than the stock bulbs

I've also invested in a HID conversion kit (6000K), which has cost me just over £30 as I was part of a group buy on another forum, I can't wait to get them installed after seeing Henrik's pics, especially as the standard lights are pretty pants imo

As for the bluevisions, I had them on my MK6, liked them, much better than the stock bulbs

Which one have you got if you dont mind me asking :)

For the definitive answer on the legality of HID's, see the link below to the Department for Transport:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

So to make HID's legal you must comply with the following points:

"1. The headlamp unit (outer lens, reflector, bulb) shall be type approved to ECE 98 and be "e-marked" to demonstrate this. That can only be done by the headlamp supplier - Hella, Valeo etc. who must test the headlamp in an independent laboratory.

2. Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some expensive estate cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

3. The headlamp must be maintained in good working order, kept clean, and aligned/adjusted correctly like any other headlamp."

Doesnt look great for the fiesta! Self cleaning could be done with a bucket of water and a sponge on a stick :)

Just through the rubber cap on the backside of the lamp house.

It's not legal in Sweden but do the police know that the MK7 don't have xenon lights as a factory option

What is the penalty in UK for having HID if the police stop you? In Sweden you are ordered to visit the "vehicle test" organisation for a test. And maybe a fine if you unlucky.

//Henrik

Did you have to drill through the cover?

Which one have you got if you dont mind me asking :)

+1 on that.

I am looking at a kit from hids direct and one from car mod shop. Looking at £70 quid ish ust not sure whhich to buy.

Did you get the 35watt or 50watt?

can we please start an hid thread, this one is for philips blue visions in case we had forgotten lol, it's being hid dominated and others may miss out on this info as its hidden in this thread. god bless.