Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philips blue vision

Ingo

My bluevisions (and free sidleights) have been delivered this morning. Ill get them fitted over the weekend, take some pics and sort a little review.

I ordered them from powerbulbs, fantastic service.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nipz

• Ingo

• Gazjs

• Nordiclight

Top Posters In This Topic

My bluevisions (and free sidleights) have been delivered this morning. Ill get them fitted over the weekend, take some pics and sort a little review.

5min job do it now! :P

Looking forward to seeing what you think :) and some pictures from inside the car looking out in the dark would be amazing! Yet to see these and this is what i need before i buy :D

+1 on that.

I am looking at a kit from hids direct and one from car mod shop. Looking at £70 quid ish ust not sure whhich to buy.

Did you get the 35watt or 50watt?

Go for the 35W kits becasue the 50W is to strong :lol: I have a 50W and it will be changed because they are to powerful for low beams.

PHILIPS BLUE VISION H4 4000K XENON/HID EFFECT

Are these the correct Blue vision bulbs?

Thanks

for normal driving lights i was told you need H7

for normal driving lights i was told you need H7

Is that the same for the MK6?

I typed in the model etc and that is wat came up. was just really making sure that this "4000K XENON/HID EFFECT" bit was correct :lol:

Its all a foreign language to me :D

have you heard of the philpps diamond vision they burn ar 5000Kelvin

Philips Diamond Vision is a styling bulb, designed to deliver a distinctive blue colour to the light. It is not the best product choice if you are looking for performance; instead we would recommend an alternative such as Philips X-Treme Power H7 which will deliver 80% more light than standard. Diamond Vision's aim is styling rather than light output. Please also take note that it is not road legal within the EU. - why oh why do you lads want everything thats illegal?

I no that anything illegal would be jumped on straight away by the police up here, not worth wasting money on something you will have to replace.

Is that the same for the MK6?

I typed in the model etc and that is wat came up. was just really making sure that this "4000K XENON/HID EFFECT" bit was correct :lol:

Its all a foreign language to me :D

unsure :)

Fitted mine yesterday. Quite easy to fit, although having to pull the light unit off the white clips is quite nerve racking!

Ive took some pics but they dont show the difference well really. My personal opinion is that the bluevisions are far better than standard!! Definitly recommend them to thos who dont want to mess about with the issues with HID's.

before pic:

DSC01988-1.jpg

After:

DSC02722.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

Any chance of a picture from inside if possible Andy? If it doesnt make any difference in the picture can you just tell me out much better it is :D

Any chance of a picture from inside if possible Andy? If it doesnt make any difference in the picture can you just tell me out much better it is :D

Ill sort a pic from the inside mate. If im being honest i cant tell that much difference in terms of them actually lighting up the road. Alot less yellow i suppose though.

However, from the outside they look 100% better! For £25 you cant go wrong.

By the way o only changed the dipped beam and sidelights, no fogs etc.

Ill sort a pic from the inside mate. If im being honest i cant tell that much difference in terms of them actually lighting up the road. Alot less yellow i suppose though.

However, from the outside they look 100% better! For £25 you cant go wrong.

By the way o only changed the dipped beam and sidelights, no fogs etc.

ok thought it would make a big difference! Don't worry about the pictures :) I'll take your word on it!

Im having a bit of trouble getting the electrical connector off the back of the headlight.

Is there a clip to press or a technique to getting them off? Or is it just brute force? (i've been going easy on it so far through fear of breaking it!)

Also, once the connector and screws are removed, does the headlight slide out forwards or upwards?

Cheers guys,

Dave.

Im having a bit of trouble getting the electrical connector off the back of the headlight.

Is there a clip to press or a technique to getting them off? Or is it just brute force? (i've been going easy on it so far through fear of breaking it!)

Also, once the connector and screws are removed, does the headlight slide out forwards or upwards?

Cheers guys,

Dave.

Got them out in the end... Awkward buggers, aren't they. B)

Well I fitted some Philips Xtreme Power H7 (dipped beam) bulbs today and the difference is very noticeable!

Before fitting:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/796/photo251z.jpg

After fitting:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4404/photo255.jpg

As you can hopefully see above, these bulbs are much brighter than the ones supplied by ford.

They do not attempt to recreate the blue/HID look but I wanted them for better night driving, not to show off.

Well I fitted some Philips Xtreme Power H7 (dipped beam) bulbs today and the difference is very noticeable!

Before fitting:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/796/photo251z.jpg

After fitting:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4404/photo255.jpg

As you can hopefully see above, these bulbs are much brighter than the ones supplied by ford.

They do not attempt to recreate the blue/HID look but I wanted them for better night driving, not to show off.

look very nice!

I would like to fit some but as im forking out £? for an iPad im not sure lol!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club