Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Lights - Any Way To Stop Them Coming On During The Day

omen1314

I wonder why Ford has this feature - there seems little point in having the lights on during the day and sucking power from the battery when they are not needed.

Is there any secret trick or button somewhere to stop them coming on automagically?

You can go into your settings on the main dashboard computer. I'm certain they can be turned off in there

If you are referring to the DRL lights then they can't be turned off.
They are a legal requirement on modern cars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just now, HappyJam said:

You can go into your settings on the main dashboard computer. I'm certain they can be turned off in there

Having just had a quick look on Google though, it's saying you can't. I thought I saw something in the settings when I was playing round with mine a while back, but I must be wrong

Could it be done in Forscan?  Plenty of non EU markets don't have DRLs, and I'm sure they won't wire them differently 

2 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Could it be done in Forscan?  Plenty of non EU markets don't have DRLs, and I'm sure they won't wire them differently 

You'd be surprised.

2 hours ago, omen1314 said:

I wonder why Ford has this feature - there seems little point in having the lights on during the day and sucking power from the battery when they are not needed.

Is there any secret trick or button somewhere to stop them coming on automagically?

It's not, the alternator is supplying them. It's really not an issue.

• Like 1

are they the LED type lights, a thin strip of them?  if so, LED takes very little current. in theory the additional load on the alternator will make the car use more fuel, but only very very slight.

I believe (but might be proved wrong) that whether or not the law allows you to disable them depends on when the model was a new model and went through type approval. for example I think if you have a fiesta mk7.5 then some have DRLs and some don't depending on age and trim level (Style, Zetec etc) so it was type approved without them (as they were not required at the date that model came to market) 

3 hours ago, MarksST said:

You'd be surprised.

Very surprised indeed, seeing as the US market wiring diagram appears identical.

My mums Fiesta is a 2014 reggie is SD14 so i believe its a Mark 7.

Didnt know there was a Mark 7.5 lol

Is that because its halfway to a Mark 8!

>;o)

As these lights are a legal requirement under EU law I wonder, if you disabled them, if your car would pass the MOT test.

I have found over the years its actually best to leave cars well alone and avoid sticking stupid things like massive amps and Speakers and induction kits they end up costing you more headaches in the long run.

I just wondered if there was a switch on the Fiesta somewhere i was missing as i have only had the car a wee while!

I have just found there is a secret compartment under the radio apparently lol

• Like 1

As Bobr says, It is illegal in the UK to disable DRL if factory fitted.
Trust me on this, it's my job to know these things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omen1314 said:

I have found over the years its actually best to leave cars well alone and avoid sticking stupid things like massive amps and speakers and induction kits they end up costing you more headaches in the long run.

I just wondered if there was a switch on the Fiesta somewhere i was missing as i have only had the car a wee while!

If yours is a 2014 the "secret compartment" was filled with the airbag light.

1 hour ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Very surprised indeed, seeing as the US market wiring diagram appears identical.

It won be, the US fiesta is completely different inside for a start.

• Like 1

I havent had a look yet i just found it on one of the other posts on here about a secret compartment.

1 hour ago, omen1314 said:

I have found over the years its actually best to leave cars well alone and avoid sticking stupid things like massive amps and speakers and induction kits they end up costing you more headaches in the long run.

I'm not your Dad am I?

Hmm i think i am more likely to be your dad!

If you are taking the jimmy riddle then let me explain - when i wur a lad i did a lot of modding and fiddling with electrics and such and all it ever did was cause problems and issues that cost me in time , bruised knuckles, money and stress!

Induction kits dont work!

And I used to have a 250 watt amp and unfeasibly large Speakers made out of 12 inch 6 foot long industrial piping either side of my seats blasting out Rezerection tapes from Bass Generator and Sven Vath at ear splitting volumes so I have been a f@nny at one or more points in  my life and i willingly admit it - we all go through those stages but in my case it was not to show off it was because i just loved the music and working on the old kit cars and collectables my dad filled his garage with!

And you are a sassenach so not possible dude!
>;o)

Hey, I have a son your age :wink:

Admittedly he wouldn't be bothered with fooling around with cars :biggrin:

He'd get me to do it, or try.

• Like 1

lol Thats not my real age add another 10 years and you might be getting close Winey!

Never put your personal details on the internet and if you do dont put the real dates , addresses or even pictures up!

I am an IT security engineer as well as network and electronics engineer.

My motto is TRUST NO-1 especiallty on the internet.

You would be shocked if i showed you what you can do with just a few bits of info off forums , even pictures.

People post pictures of their cars and forget to hide the reggie - ripe for Bilking and Fraud!
I used to be a police officer amongst many other things - I wasnt a bobby though i worked setting up surveillance and securing
bad peoples laptop and computers for computer forensics¬!
All you need are the gov.uk MOT check site and a few dodgy ones on the darknet to do all sorts of nasty stuff!
Thieves are now using the internet facebook etc to find out when you go on holiday and then burgle yer hoose and steal yer car and more!
I am actually thinking os starting a small business to advise home and small businesses of correct security on the net , backup and surveillance!

• Like 1

"My mums Fiesta is a 2014 reggie is SD14 so i believe its a Mark 7.

Didnt know there was a Mark 7.5 lol

Is that because its halfway to a Mark 8!" 

The Mk7.5 is the Mk7 with the newer big Aston Martin style grille (from about 2013 until now)

lol Thats not my real age add another 10 years and you might be getting close Winey!
Never put your personal details on the internet and if you do dont put the real dates , addresses or even pictures up!
I am an IT security engineer as well as network and electronics engineer.
My motto is TRUST NO-1 especiallty on the internet.
You would be shocked if i showed you what you can do with just a few bits of info off forums , even pictures.
People post pictures of their cars and forget to hide the reggie - ripe for Bilking and Fraud!
I used to be a police officer amongst many other things - I wasnt a bobby though i worked setting up surveillance and securing
bad peoples laptop and computers for computer forensics¬!
All you need are the gov.uk MOT check site and a few dodgy ones on the darknet to do all sorts of nasty stuff!
Thieves are now using the internet facebook etc to find out when you go on holiday and then burgle yer hoose and steal yer car and more!
I am actually thinking os starting a small business to advise home and small businesses of correct security on the net , backup and surveillance!

I thought you were going to start up a small business robbing people while they were away lol.

I've now heard of insurance companies not paying out if you post on facebook that you are going away or posting photos or status updates with the location attached!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club